More than bass coming out of Subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

plasticspoon
10+ year member

LI, NY
I'm not sure if this has to do with my Amp or my Hu, so I posted here..

I upgraded everything at once, I now have a Kenwood dnx9140 Hu, a Alpine 4.100 digital for my speakers, and a RA Audio 1750.1 for my subs.

I know I have to mess with the digital timing, but my system is so heavy in the back, it sounds like nothing is coming out of the front speakers (infinity 6.5's while the backs are 6x9's), but half the reason seems to be more than the bass notes are coming from the subs. Even with the speakers off, I can still hear the lyrics of a song through the subs.

Is this just the sound quality of the deck? Or what?

Also for digital timing, is there any tool that will tell me the perfect settings, or should I just mess with it and make it best for the drivers seat?

When I do that it goes away for the most part, I can even put the LPF all the way up and I still hear some music coming out from the subs, any ideas?

And god I have to figure out the correct channels for my speaker amp, rerouting the speaker wires from the original stock speaker amp is the worst, so many more wires than speakers. The way I have it now the front speakers are barely audible. **** impalas.

I'm using a Alpine PDX 4.100 for speakers...I just rerouted from the stock amp to the new amp, I realize running new wires to all the speakers is the way to go though. God, taking the car apart again.

wait wait wait. your running speaker wires from your headunit as well as the RCAs to the amp???
The RCA's are from the hu, and the speaker wires are from the stock amp which is from the speakers..and yes they are both hooked up to the Amp.

mines also set at 80, which is close. but he is having trouble with the vocals coming through the substage, do you have any other sugguestions?
Putting it up around 120 seems to help, but I still pick up mids through the subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.