More power= better sound from aq hdc312?

Participant count
  • Participant list

n8te81
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I've had my aq hdc312 for about a year now on my nine.1 in my 350z and it sounds great... But lately I've wondering how much better it could sound with a bit more power. I believe the nine was rated at 1200 at 12.5 and I never really see my voltage below 13 so I would assume I'm getting like maybe 1400?

When I put the sub on bass heavy songs turned up and watch the sub I don't think the excursion is ever over a inch. So I'm wondering if there would be any benefits to stepping up to like 2k or maybe the aq2200? If not then I guess I'll just be happy with how it is lol.

Jeff now your getting me all excited lol. I just thought that since I'm not drinking my cone area and power like most ppl say that I wouldn't tell much of a difference. I definitely want to get the most out of this sub I can without spending too much and not really seeing any difference.

Your voltage is too low.....have you done the big 3?

Also....going from a 1200 watt amp to a 2k amp should notice a big diff. There's something not right here.

Why would u think my voltage is too low? I have the big 2 actually cause my alt doesn't have a post or any kind of bolt on it. And I've got 0g throughout and a agm bat up front... My voltage is not a problem.

Like I said I can't... Absolutely nowhere on the alt to put a wire. No nuts or bolts or anything. **** Japanese thing I guess....

That makes no sense. All alts have some sort of harness and then a pos wire from it to the battery.

Unless its in a spot where you can't see it unless you physically remove the alt.

Is there a charging wire from the battery going to the alt?

Nope just the harness... Trust me I looked everywhere for anywhere to connect a wire to lol. But like I said I'm not having any voltage drops. If u want u can google 350z alt and see some pics and check it out.

I'll look again tomm but I think that plastic collar was keeping me from trying to put a 0g wire on it.... But this isn't a thread on my electrical lol. Not like I have anything dimming.

You want to prevent dimming tho...before it starts. And the big 3 should help.

Don't be an azz....Read post #6 for your other answer to the question.

Sq doesn't get better as input power increases.

Hdc3s sound about as good as l7s.

It will handle much more than 1200..

FYI if you are above 13 volts your alternator is handling the load..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.