more ****ing problems

Sachmo12345
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
today i mounted my amp to my sub box i have an MTX 801d powering a MTX 9500 12". now when i am adjusting the gains, frequency, and eq it completly screws up something in the system if i have the gain and freq all the way up which is what i used to have it at and it would work fine now it once you turn the knob past a certain point the sub just starts wangin hitting as hard as it can for absolutly no reason

That sub is supposed to wang, just explain exactly what the gains and eq were at before you messed with the knobs and then what they were after and I'm sure we can help you.

the gain and freq setting had not been touched and had never done this ever before today and its not playing music loud its playing one flat note as hard as it can it seems

when your sub starts hitting for no reason like that you are clipping the hell out of your amp. back off the gains. read the gain setting tutorial. set your frequency on low-pass down around 60-80 hz.

i think there is one left and i have heard bad things my neighboor had a system put in his porsche and they messed up and i really dont want to spend so much money

undercover punk are you saying you are a reputable car audio guy what part of the city do you live in

Everywhere here that I have delt with cuts corners and screw's you in the end, so I say DIY.

And I'd never claim that, but I know alot more that some of these people I've talked to around here. Just keep reading and SEARCHING here. You can learn just about anything here.

im gonna change my ground tomorrow just to check
power wire and ground wire are the same correct?

SIZE??? if that what you ment then yes. Anything else I can think of, NO!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.