More HP!!!!!

thumpinblazr
10+ year member

What would be the best (and preferably cheapest) way to add horsepower to my friends 2000 S10 xtreme? It has the 4.3 liter vortec engine. Our thoughts were a hypertech performance chip, new exhaust, and maybe a K&N air filter, but besides that we are stuck.

what do u all think of this? anyone know any tricks that can be done to this engine?

any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

Dustin

Intake, headers/exhaust, throttle body spacer, and a chip..could also throw in a supercharger.

K&N Filter, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, Airaid Intake, Flowmaster Exhaust / Borla Headers/Exhaust / JBA Headers/Exhaust, Hypertech/Superchip/Jet Chip //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There is a TON of stuff you can do to that engine....the mods listed above would get expensive - dropping a new engine in there would almost be the same price, and give you more power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

I mean if you want to repaet your self a million times thats fine by me cause then I dont have to type it in, lol, maybe just have it in your clipboard, oh well that why people ask questions to learn

Originally posted by denim but only reccomened install and use for the experienced, that can ment the average engine if not done right
so can turbo ----- superchargers --- and most of the stuff side on hereIt's given that you must learn what your are doing before doing it------- You can do something as simple as change the timing on a stock motor and blow it up-

people are just afraid of nitrous because of all the hype around it.......... it works the same exact way as turbos and superchargers-------------adding air ----------- so you can add more fuel and that = HP

I am not afraid of Nitrous, I am worried about the excess heat that is produced inside the cyclinders, many engines are not all that well made to take the excess heat

Originally posted by denim I am not afraid of Nitrous, I am worried about the excess heat that is produced inside the cyclinders, many engines are not all that well made to take the excess heat
nitrous doesn't produce "excess heat" it is the increased HP the makes MORE heat. "excess heat" would be seen in any HP adder

when nitrous is entered into the fuel system it is sent into the cyclinders then becomes part of the the combustion in side of the cyclinder, Nitrous burns much hotter than gas alone, and there are numerous Horsepower adders that do not add heat

run it off alchohol. costs about the same as gasoline, and somewhere around 30% more hp. of course, i wouldn't try doing that in the winter, it might be hard to start it. also, you have to make sure that there are sensors that read the fuel/alchohol ratio. most new cars have them i believe. Do that and port the heads, or just get new heads, but don't get aluminum. aluminum is lighter yes, but all it takes is somewhere around 1400F to melt em'. get cast iron, you'll be glad ya did. oh, and of course, the most important thing is to open up the intake and the exhaust, so get headers, new h-pipe, mufflers, cold air intake, etc. and you'll be good to go.

Originally posted by denim when nitrous is entered into the fuel system it is sent into the cyclinders then becomes part of the the combustion in side of the cyclinder, Nitrous burns much hotter than gas alone,
ummm---- yup cause it making more power--------not because it's nitrous
and there are numerous Horsepower adders that do not add heat
impossible----------- to make MORE power you need to raise the average pressure on top of the piston head--------- pressure = heatname one power adder that adds power without heat-------- if there is such a thing

Originally posted by Moocow16 run it off alchohol. costs about the same as gasoline, and somewhere around 30% more hp. of course, i wouldn't try doing that in the winter, it might be hard to start it. also, you have to make sure that there are sensors that read the fuel/alchohol ratio. most new cars have them i believe. Do that and port the heads, or just get new heads, but don't get aluminum. aluminum is lighter yes, but all it takes is somewhere around 1400F to melt em'. get cast iron, you'll be glad ya did. oh, and of course, the most important thing is to open up the intake and the exhaust, so get headers, new h-pipe, mufflers, cold air intake, etc. and you'll be good to go.
Q-------was CHEAPEST way

an Intake does not raise heat, air mass sensor, ehxaust does not raise heat, headers dont not raise heat, they are lowering the restrictions of the air flow, they are going to lower the engine temperature because the engine does not have to work as hard to make as much horse power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.