more cone area vs less fs

i see a lot of people talking about the sa-15's..are they really that great? i mean i saw a few setups where people giving them 1k plus on a daily setup with impressive numbers

imho, yes, 2-12's in a good vented box are going to do better than 2-15's in a good sealed box. i'm getting the feel you are looking for the awe factor in apearance, too, which there is nothing wrong with throwing that in as one of the main concerns. your origional plan suggests you don't really care about storage, lol. 2-18's would be cool, but i'm not sure you can get them in there in a nice configuration, nor with enough space for a proper vented enclosure. my suggestion, is get the 2-15's in there in large vented box, and even get creative to get the proper volume. as for sealed vs. vented for ground shakers- in my experience, i've had all kinds of trunk and open cabbin setups, and sealed enclosures, and i can tell you the best sealed setups are real linear in response, so they do shake the lows, and roll to the top, but hands down, vented gets louder, and lower (tuned proper). a 33hz box will get real violent on the bottom and respond with good musical range. you can go even lower, if you want, but 33-34 is usually a nice range, and the drivers you choose can make the box tuning respond differently. i would agree with the sa-15's as a nice choice, with more options to be able to re-cone, but first thing to consider is how you are going to power the drivers........ what amps (or power, if you haven't decided yet) and what are you going to do with the car itself. (batteries/cable/alt?)...
lots of good info here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

"random thought" if the pressure from a sealed box comes from the space you have in the inside how would i lose out put?
Cancellation, if it is right behind the rear seats it is like being in the middle of the car, waves will go back thought the cabin, and then towards the trunk lid wall, and back the the other way, it makes it out of phase with the ones going straight to the front cabin.
If you put it close to the lid, it will be in good phase.

i have an 01 impala same trunk and idk how you plan on 11.xcu in there. i have a about 6 before displacement and there isnt room for much else ie amps batts. id say 8cu before displacement and that would be building it in the trunk. if you want loud in the car a pair of 12's sealed to the cabin with a large port in the middle if you dont want to seal to the cabin a single 15 facing the rear bumper and a port on the driver side facing the bumper any wider of a box ie 2-12's and you will choke the sound into the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.