Subwoofer dilema?

^^indeed^^

Pick your budget, evaluate how much space you have, decide on subs and power level, figure batts/alt, then get an amp with more rms than the subs

Alright. Only have room for a small enclosure 8. Would like to not have to upgrade the whole electrical system, Big 3 upgrade isn't a problem though. Reallistically looking at up to 300 watts max rms for sub amp. Budget is around $500 total,not including the cost of me making the fiberglass enclosure. So open to suggestions and recommendations.

Thanks

do you wanna make it as loud as you can or have a setup more geared towards sq? sundown, DD, and DC all make 8's that have great performance

Seeing as how the wife and kid are with me 75% of the time, being loud is secondary to sounding right. Build is in a Mazda 5. Currently evaluating if I could stuff something under the 3rd row or go with the original plan, in the far rear,that I saw someone had done on the Mazda247 forum and liked that. Really wish I could get a 10 or 12 in without taking any usable space up, just not happening.

Both of those 8's look like they would fit the bill.

Amp will be last thing to be purchased. May have my old OPTI4100 to use bridged on the sub and stereo to the fronts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.