Monster Mids!

well i said i hadnt found these online first time i have saw any online they dont have them on earthquake's website.Well i dont think they sound that bad yea and alot of black people down here run like 50 einence in there cars and horns in the grilles and all that gay crap lol stupid as hell i guess they want people outside of the car to hear the music not them lol kinda like a ice cream truck lol.
I think these earthquakes sound better than the daytons and the eminence myself,i get these for 35 each from local shop witch isnt to bad i guess. i plan on running a few of these with a couple component sets in my doors.They dont compaire to some dyna's i have had or mb quarts as far as clarity goes but they sound pretty **** good and loud for 35 each for me on a poor mans salary.

Dude.

Seriously.

They are the SAME speaker as the eminence's I linked.

Just a different sticker on the back and EQ's logo on em.

$10.00 says you couldn't tell the difference in an A,B,X test.

Frequency range: 500-5,400 Hz

Xmax: 0.2 mm

Sounds awesome.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

~Magick_Man~

Doesn't save them from sounding like complete ass.
I played around with the ones that Bob sent from American Bass...

And jesus, super horrid.

Better follow the instructions as far as freq cutoff is concerned as well...
The only Eminences worth anything are the Alphas...and then only in specific uses //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

yea i got some alphas i do believe in the shop

maybe they just sound better because of the install my buddys has the eminence in his car and when i had a few of these in my car mine sounded sooo much more clear but could be the way there installed,oh well dont realy care what you think i like to have a few of them in my car with a couple nice sets of components think it will sound pretty good.

of course your not going to because you have the best of everything and these are junk and are worthless right? oh well i wont throw them away just yet because you think i should lol

yea i got some alphas i do believe in the shop
maybe they just sound better because of the install my buddys has the eminence in his car and when i had a few of these in my car mine sounded sooo much more clear but could be the way there installed,oh well dont realy care what you think i like to have a few of them in my car with a couple nice sets of components think it will sound pretty good.

of course your not going to because you have the best of everything and these are junk and are worthless right? oh well i wont throw them away just yet because you think i should lol
Who are you blabbering to?

That's a toss-up.
You wanna flip a coin to find out which one of us should be offended, and/or respond to said blabbering?
You want heads, or tails? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Frequency range: 500-5,400 HzXmax: 0.2 mm

Sounds awesome....
And what exactly is wrong with 0.2mm of Xmax? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif My Fostex 6.5's IIRC don't even have that much...

In the original use for which these were intended, the lack of linear travel is a worthwhile tradeoff.

You want heads, or tails? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

And what exactly is wrong with 0.2mm of Xmax? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif My Fostex 6.5's IIRC don't even have that much...

In the original use for which these were intended, the lack of linear travel is a worthwhile tradeoff.

I like tails for this one, sir.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Those are PA mids, strictly midrange drivers... they won't play below 200HZ at best... you would want additional midbass drivers mounted next to them.... I would not recommend those for a car. You would be better off with a set of car component speakers.

Eminence makes drivers for a lot of companies, I'm sure that's what they are.

Oooh an FS of 460Hz, talk about someone screaming in your ear with no midbass to speak of. Used correctly solely as a midrange accompanied by a tweeter and competent woofer and a decent 3-way crossover they might sound decent. However, as a stand alone midbass fuuuhgggeedddabouttit.

he's correct, those are eminence mids with an earthquake sticker on the dust cap....look at the surroudn of the basket on the pic you posted, its not a 100% circle, just like the eminence.

the earthquake one on that website is 100% circular....

That's what I'm saying. Both drivers are made by Eminence. One just has a truncated frame. For all intents and purposes I think they are all essentially the same driver (the Eminence, the OP's, and the Earthquakes).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.