Monoblock has two inputs

Participant count
  • Participant list
It's all about how the subs are wired to a final ohm load. The amp doesn't know until the speaker wires are connected. As I said, some mono amps have split internally to give the user flexability. The MTX Audio 1500D amp is a prime example.

every mono amp, has one output. it may have 2 or more sets of terminals, but its still one ouput, just split, so you can hook multiple sets of wires easily....... also, if it smoked, something is not "just fine"..... something smoked, and that means something burned, and is damaged. no exceptions.

Yup I told him how to wire it to 2 ohm and it's fine now. No heat. I wish he would've gotten dual 4s though. For some reason a lot of people think that two D2's go to 1 ohm. I tried to tell him he needs two D4's but he didn't listen. Same thing with one of my other friends that got two SA-12 D2's. I don't get it

Yup I told him how to wire it to 2 ohm and it's fine now. No heat. I wish he would've gotten dual 4s though. For some reason a lot of people think that two D2's go to 1 ohm. I tried to tell him he needs two D4's but he didn't listen. Same thing with one of my other friends that got two SA-12 D2's. I don't get it
Show them that JL Audio chart I linked on here, wiring subs. If they still don't wanna listen, let them burn their **** up then.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.