Mono Block and 4 Channel?

Soooo im trying to get the best out of my subwoofers and speakers with out straining the hell out of an amp. My speakers will be about 300 RMS each and woofers about 600 RMS each. I will have 4 speakers and two subwoofers. I was thinking having a monoblock 1000-1200 watt amp for my subs and then having a 4 channel 800 watt amp for my speakers. Buttt im not sure where imma put these amplifiers because i have a 99 extended cab f150. and the box will be under back seat. SO im wondering if i should just get one huge multi channel amp.

I know its long but to sum it up is it a bad idea to have a mono block for two subs and then a 4 channel for door speakers. or just get multi channel

separate amps won't be cheaper but imo its a better idea. i recommend for the monoblock an aq1200D and for the multichannel either a the Crescendo 1000w 4 channel amp or an MB Quart onyx 1000w amp. heard nothing but good things from all of em

first, i would look at how much power you have on tap.... 2k may be a bit harder to pull off than you think. i know that truck, realy, but can't remember what size alternator. one thing that has been done, is to mount the amp behind the back seat, but what i did last time, was built the under-seat box for 2 10's, and recesed the center to house the sub amp. those mbquarts are not a bad chioce as far as profile is concerned. iirc, you might be able to stuff one unser each seat, or even have a 4channel stuffed up in the dash behind the glove box. even 4x125, or 4x100 might get you into a smaller profile. a nice 5-6 channel could work out well behind the back seat, but there is limited options that will fill your needs. what subs and ohms?

speak of the devil- there is a massive nanox5 that just popped up in the for sale section, i believe you would like that amp. it is really compact, in fact, nano amps are specifically known for that reason- compact footprint- high output looks nib for 325

Well the lower the ohms the more you loose clarity right. I was thinking getting two DVC 4 ohm subs like two sa-10's. And for amps i was looking into sundown audio but thats the only amp i feel like i trust but i would like to learn about some other amps. And yea for the battery idk imma have too see about something cause that is alot of power.

Hey i think i have a 95 amp output for my alternator. If i replace it with a 130 output would that get that job done?
prolly not buy would help ,try to go with at least a 200 amp alt.as for amps the sundowns are very nice ,but you'll have to mount it to the back wall.as for 4 channel the nano amps are very nice an d clean power in a small case .i have a n2 its 8x5x2 at 800 watts rms at 1 ohm .space limitations are your worst problem.as for box you can get a prefab ,i'd suggest q logic if your going that route,or just raise the seat 4 " and build a box,which is a better idea

I didnt think about raising seat id have to look into that. But i was going to get a box from a local car audio store. I got two of near me sooo box shouldnt be a problem. Question if the amp or amps do get mounted on back wall they wouldnt get hot and possibly catch fire to the seat. they are leather seats but i think the back is like that frizzy fabric.

i've put them back there before and never had a problem,if your back seat will tilt forward a little thats even better and easier to get to them.thats what you'll have to do if you wanna run sundown,if you run the nano amps ,you can mount them under the seats of on the box in the space between the woofers, thats what i did in my friend dodge quad cab

yea my back seat where yours back rest is like glued to the frame. The actual seats do come out the so idk maybe i can fabricate them and lift them or i my try and take out my center console and put the amps their.or i will just put them in the middle in the back and put a like a shielding over it so peoples leggs wont kick it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Reece Cook

10+ year member
Reece Cook
Gonzales, Louisiana, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from