Mono amps: ONE rca input? Or TWO?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ls2poweredgoat
5,000+ posts

Womanizer
I know it's kind of a redundant question, but on my subwoofer RCA's, one of them is trashed, all smashed up and ****. But since it's a mono amp, and not stereo, don't I just need the ONE signal from ONE of the rca's?? Any one know what I mean? The other one is fine...I'm hoping I don't need to buy a new set of RCA's...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Hmm, I'll let you know how it works out...
I know on my Sundown 3000D I was running it only off of the Left RCA or the Right one, can't remember, but it was only one, and it's no louder or quieter then with both. Only difference is when balancing left and right the subs don't play when balanced all the way to the opposite side if using just one input, obviously. :p

They don't get the complete signal - if you happen upon a song that has bass outputs in separate sides. Don't think many of those exist though, except in HT productions, so you should be good.

Hmm, I'll let you know how it works out...
Just FYI ... Don't know if yours is the same, but my Alpine PDX-5 amp instructions say that feeding a signal into only one of the amp's input channels can result in low output and/ or overheating.

So ... like 18lexusowner says, mine would need a Y splitter to take the single RCA feed and feed that into the amp's two RCA inputs.

They don't get the complete signal - if you happen upon a song that has bass outputs in separate sides. Don't think many of those exist though, except in HT productions, so you should be good.
This.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.