My fiberglass projects is at an end!

ShiningBuick
10+ year member

NotLoudEnuff
Fargo, ND
Been workin on this **** since last July. Finally got stuff into paint today (there's still 2 pieces I gotta do bodywork on/ paint.. but those'll be later, I had to get these done by next Friday for a carshow. Used my new Iwata LPH400 for the first time.. great stuff.

If anyone's going to Automotion on Saturday in Wisconsin Dells I'll be there with my car if you wanna meet/ chat or something.. I'll be there with my GM club, and just cruising prolly.

Right then..

Here's a bunch of stuff

Mid sanding.. getting good seams where stuff matches up

BORINGSANDINGS005.jpg

BORINGSANDINGS003.jpg

Primed.. with my $20 Harbor Freight gun :p

paintedsubs001.jpg

paintedsubs002.jpg

And.. PAINTED! yay! Finally got to use my Iwata LPH-400.. love it. It sprayed clear very nicely (I did good considering I haven't paint for 2 years). I got 2 runs.. but that's just my lack of practice.. I'm assuming I'll be able to lay better finishes as I get more time behind the trigger. Anyways.. here

paintedsubs004.jpg

paintedsubs005.jpg

paintedsubs006.jpg

paintedsubs009.jpg

runs :[ They MIGHT be hidden the way everything goes together.. otherwise I'll just sand em off and buff/polish, they're in a good spot for that.

paintedsubs008.jpg

paintedsubs007.jpg

Agh I'm so pumped, spraying paint with my own tools finally feels great.

Install pics later this weekend is the plan.

Why thank you, yes 10 months later and it's worth it.

Candence amps indeed, good eye sir //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Cheap and they perform good enough for me.

I really like your car. hey if you ever get the urge to put the REAL buick portholes on your car.. ive got a set, bnib:)

Gonna lose the portholes altogether at the end of the summer.. along with the door handles //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif hehe

Thanks tho!

dang looks good for sure. Real nice gloss and should look slick when all loaded up and in the car. Definitely some hard work, I have been lucky by hiding all my fiberglass under texture paint instead of gloss lol, but yours looks great.

Definitely love the car too, always liked full body cars and seeing a Buick is something different in a good way.

doorsdone001.jpg

doorsdone002.jpg

doorsdone003.jpg

doorsdone004.jpg

Still gotta get some pics of the speakers lit up!

Gonna work on the trunk hopefully tonight or tomorrow.. there's too much stuff to do and too little time!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.