MLA Modules

well if it was 14.3v hot before, it should not be 14.3v with a module hooked up right. lol
i know...could it be that the module isn't compatible with interlinc alternators??? It's internally regulated so i'm pretty sure it still should be...

i know...could it be that the module isn't compatible with interlinc alternators??? It's internally regulated so i'm pretty sure it still should be...
it should be compatible with any alternator with an internal regulator....you sure you tapped the right wire? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I mean, it'd be kinda hard to Fck up but maybe expeditions are a bit different lol

its the wire that connects only into the alt right?

0528091824.jpg

that white one right? That's the one i was told to splice..

I'm running a pro series dual switchable one made for duals but since I'm temporarely without my duals it still works on the single alt and I can switch the charge rate from a constant 15.5v for demo'ing or 14.8v for everyday driving.

I think it was worth it... Stuff seems to run much better and batteries float at 13.3v all night long.

its the wire that connects only into the alt right?
0528091824.jpg

that white one right? That's the one i was told to splice..
You had to splice into your factory wires to wire up your MLA?

Mine just plugged right into the alternator and then had another harness for the factory plug.

You had to splice into your factory wires to wire up your MLA?
Mine just plugged right into the alternator and then had another harness for the factory plug.

I think all the ford modules you have to splice....

IDK man.. thats why I hate buying anything used now a days... 1 either a pain in the ass or it just wont work.

Also my Ford is an 89

IDK man.. thats why I hate buying anything used now a days... 1 either a pain in the ass or it just wont work.
Also my Ford is an 89
another thing i was told is that the results came a day or two later for a friend of mine..He said it wasn't until his batts topped off that he had any results...

thats true ur batts will have to bee good and full for you to notice the voltage, you dont see voltage if they are low until it fills but cause its busy feeding the load trying to get it where it needs gto be.

alot of the mods are plug and play I believe it really depends on the alt type. and as far as ur alt wire im not sure about... I see two there. the one with the big plug and one with the small, on my gm (plug n play) I had to pull main connector to alt (only 1) and plug into mod.

Just to add my 2 cents. They work because alt voltage output is based on voltage input from the wire you spliced into. Like when an external voltage regulator goes bad your alt could charge at 18V. It happened in my dads mercury.

adas and Derrick both have ones that you have to splice...could be the older modules you had to splice?
I JUST got mine straight from MLA, so I guess thats how they're shipping them now. It was in the instruction manual too...no included connector //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XXcolossusII

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
XXcolossusII
Bradenton, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date