Miswire DC Offset Error help!

I have alpine type r SPR-69 6x9's and I have a kenwood ddx419 head unit. - Unrelated, but I also have type r 12's installed.

This is my first install for any car audio other than swapping out a blown sub once.

I've had the head unit in my car for over a year now with no problems at all. However, yesterday I installed my 6x9's in the doors and after installing the first one I had sound coming through it no problem but then a few minutes later I received the "miswire DC offset error" I went ahead and installed the second speaker and still received the error.

Is this because the speakers pull too much power to not use an amp and my head unit is going into protect mode?

I would really appreciate the help because I only have a few days to get this problem sorted out!

I had an alpine h/u that would do that. I had to pull it out and check the wires on the back. Whaat I found was one of the wire that wasn't needed was making contact with a bracket behind the h/u, so I capped them all. Hopefully, yours is as simple to fix.

I'm not finding anything that would be making contact with any metal. Everything seems to be fine and I've tried isolating the problem by taking out the speakers and still have the error...

Any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.