Difference in RCA outputs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ninhalo5

Wv
Hi guys, I'm wondering what is the difference between the Sub-out and the LF, RF, RR, LR out lines? I'm thinking about getting a cheap powered sub for a little added base and they have 2 RCA females on the rear and 4 speaker wire hookups. My stereo has all of those other line outputs, it's a little confusing to me.

Which RCA would I want to run to one of those little amps? Just something like RR, LR?

Thanks

Left front, right front, right rear, left rear.

What little amps?

If you want to wire the inside speakers to an amp and the amp only has 2 rca inputs you can use 2 rca y adapters and combine the 4 outputs to make them 2. You'll have to run speaker wires from the amp to the speakers.

Sorry your question was hard to follow...

The little amp I was referring to is the one built into the cheap powered sub I mentioned. Something like the Sound Ordnance B-8P that crutchfield has.

The back of my radio has RCAs for all the speakers, and there is one marked SUB-OUT, which I would imagine went to the amp. But with amps having more than one RCA input, the single SUB line has me wondering if that's correct.

Sorry for the confusion, hope that clears it up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks

The little amp I was referring to is the one built into the cheap powered sub I mentioned. Something like the Sound Ordnance B-8P that crutchfield has.
The back of my radio has RCAs for all the speakers, and there is one marked SUB-OUT, which I would imagine went to the amp. But with amps having more than one RCA input, the single SUB line has me wondering if that's correct.

Sorry for the confusion, hope that clears it up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks
Yeah, usually the stereo has 2 RCA outputs, but if it just has one I'd run it to the amp and use a Y adaptor like

Axis 255-025 RCA Y-Adapter, 6": Computers : Walmart.com

(but of better quality) to connect it to the amp (assuming the amp has 2 RCA inputs)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.