minimum gauge for wiring subs?

If I were you I would run no less than 8 guage wiring....And as that goes..it is mostly a standardized wiring setup...That will ensure that there is a good pass of current, wont yield your pass of electrcity(ohm's)...But any less than that and I would say u are starting to get IFY!! But I run 0/2 gauge wiring..so its all good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Blake

Originally posted by flyg20 is there a minimum gauge speaker wire that can be used for wiring subs? im running 300 watts rms and i think the wire is 15 gauge, is that too thin?

I'd prob go a little bigger than 15ga, 12ga will be fine. You don't need any bigger than 12, the guys who said bigger think your talking bout the power/ground wires for your amp.

12 gauge is fine, u can even go with 14-16 gauge i believe, i think it would depend more on length and the amount of power you 'll be sending.

just to be safe get 12 gauge, thicker than that is not neccessary i believe. unless u running like 1k or 2kwatts to each coil or something

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.