Mild SQ setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aight people I'm planning the build. I want to stick with one brand for the entire layout but it will be ran off a MS-8. I'm looking for a 5 channel, atleast 75 x 4 with 300-500 on the sub stage. Sub will be a single 10 or 12 sealed. Front stage will be a 6.5 and tweeter active. Budget is under 2 grand for everything; gear, cable, RCAs, dampener. I do not care if it only hits 130db as long as I can balance and image it right.

So far I got JBL, JL, and ID. Oh and Skar

Rear fill with MS-8 is one of the best ways to enjoy it. It will enhance the depth and width of your sound stage on recordings that include the room information that the band was playing in. You won't even notice the rear speakers playing from the driver's seat. However, if your rear speakers are stuffed at the bottom of the rear doors it will not give the same results as if they are in the rear deck. If you make use of a center channel gets even better. That is the ultimate use of MS-8 for imaging and staging that makes it seem like you're not sitting in a little closet.

Rear fill with MS-8 is one of the best ways to enjoy it. It will enhance the depth and width of your sound stage on recordings that include the room information that the band was playing in. You won't even notice the rear speakers playing from the driver's seat. However, if your rear speakers are stuffed at the bottom of the rear doors it will not give the same results as if they are in the rear deck. If you make use of a center channel gets even better. That is the ultimate use of MS-8 for imaging and staging that makes it seem like you're not sitting in a little closet.

They are low in the rear doors. It has spots on the rear deck but it will require mods to use them.

I didnt have rear fill in the last car. Active front stage with a single sub with processing will build a great stage.
I'll just say, you never know something doesn't sound great until you hear something better

I'll just say, you never know something doesn't sound great until you hear something better
I had one of the top SQ cars in the state. I know what sounds good. This car is a much better platform than the last do it its ultra quiet cabin. I'm saying I'm not dumping 10 grand in this car and hacking it up like last time

No one brand will do everything in the price range you want to stay in... that's like shooting yourself in the foot before running a race... Also a single amp will not give you the adjustments needed to balance everything out... better go active run 3 amps or 2 amps depending on staging... Nice pro audio driver in front doors with horns under dash and tweeters on door will stage the front... single Atomic MA12 d2 or D4 depending on sub amp... 500-1000rms on sub and IMO 4ch to run door pro drivers and 2ch for horns, small amp with 10x or 15x multiplier for tweets call it a day... Had a fusion they do not charge at 14.4 they are more like 13.6-13.8 with 160a alt (mine was loaded down) Pat and Rich (old owners of Kinetik) have a new line out use their BP1200 and you in the price range you want. Rear doors wont do much unless you sitting in the back so if you dont care about rear fill then save the $ and toss it into the other stuff... What SQ one person wants may be different from everyone else... build to your needs and wants! If you don't want to go pro audio then look into the Atomic Quantum 2 way... the Apoc comp set is way more power then you looking to run and they have been compared to B&W speakers in SQ.. (Bowers & Wilkins)

When you limit yourself to 2.1 reproduction instead of upmixed sound there is a big difference, which is what I was trying to explain. All ambience mixed into good recordings is largely lost when we do not use an upmixer in the car. The Logic 7 upmixer in MS-8 takes that ambient sound and puts it into the rear speakers only.

Ford gave you an optional center channel and rear deck speaker locations. If you want to expand beyond the norm of SQ car audio with head-in-a-vise imaging I highly recommend you embrace these and stick some full range speakers in there.

No one brand will do everything in the price range you want to stay in... that's like shooting yourself in the foot before running a race... Also a single amp will not give you the adjustments needed to balance everything out... better go active run 3 amps or 2 amps depending on staging... Nice pro audio driver in front doors with horns under dash and tweeters on door will stage the front... single Atomic MA12 d2 or D4 depending on sub amp... 500-1000rms on sub and IMO 4ch to run door pro drivers and 2ch for horns, small amp with 10x or 15x multiplier for tweets call it a day... Had a fusion they do not charge at 14.4 they are more like 13.6-13.8 with 160a alt (mine was loaded down) Pat and Rich (old owners of Kinetik) have a new line out use their BP1200 and you in the price range you want. Rear doors wont do much unless you sitting in the back so if you dont care about rear fill then save the $ and toss it into the other stuff... What SQ one person wants may be different from everyone else... build to your needs and wants! If you don't want to go pro audio then look into the Atomic Quantum 2 way... the Apoc comp set is way more power then you looking to run and they have been compared to B&W speakers in SQ.. (Bowers & Wilkins)
The processor will take care of the adjustments the 5 channel wont have and some. Personally I hate PA, just my opinion. I will not run enough power to need electrical, I'm not going down that road again. I just want a basic SQ setup thats loud enough to hear details windows up or down. I wont mod this car at all, like I said I'm going down that road again. The only dampener I'm going to do it the front doors for the added mid bass. The three I mentioned have everything I'm looking for in one brand. I will probably end up with JL since I've always had good luck with them and I still know people there.

When you limit yourself to 2.1 reproduction instead of upmixed sound there is a big difference, which is what I was trying to explain. All ambience mixed into good recordings is largely lost when we do not use an upmixer in the car. The Logic 7 upmixer in MS-8 takes that ambient sound and puts it into the rear speakers only.
Ford gave you an optional center channel and rear deck speaker locations. If you want to expand beyond the norm of SQ car audio with head-in-a-vise imaging I highly recommend you embrace these and stick some full range speakers in there.
Only the 12 speaker sony has the center channel. I might just drop the MS-8 and go with the Alpine H800 with controler

Only the 12 speaker sony has the center channel. I might just drop the MS-8 and go with the Alpine H800 with controler
You might hate me for saying this, but Alpine H800 has a good upmixer that supports Dolby PLII. Anyway, that's what I wanted to share. There are lots of good speakers out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.