MikeyB's Project Cougar - Back To The Audio

i've read about a non pi short block with ported pi heads and upgraded cams (sorry can't remember which ones) put down 400 at the flywheel. really not bad for a 4.6 2V. i like the 4.6 motors, smooth running. they don't respond till about 4000 rpm in stock form tho. i don't mind those cars at all. i like them. easy to find and cheaper then a notched fox for sure.

Should be sending my kx in to get fixed within the next week and then Im going to order some recones. I picked up another set of door panels but Im not sure if I want to glass them or not.

WOW that car is heavy as $hit! i just recentlly got into the horsepower thing why not go all out with this car? im sure you can go inside the motor again change out the pistons heads etc, too make room for an Single Turbo setup. id personally love to see an 70mm+ on that car, that would put down some sick numbers. like i said im kind of an noob with the horsepower thing but, id love to see an turbo on that car, im sure it can take some sort of forced induction, just found out that guys have been running twin 70mm+s on toyota Supra's with STOCK ENGINE!

WOW that car is heavy as $hit! i just recentlly got into the horsepower thing why not go all out with this car? im sure you can go inside the motor again change out the pistons heads etc, too make room for an Single Turbo setup. id personally love to see an 70mm+ on that car, that would put down some sick numbers. like i said im kind of an noob with the horsepower thing but, id love to see an turbo on that car, im sure it can take some sort of forced induction, just found out that guys have been running twin 70mm+s on toyota Supra's with STOCK ENGINE!
the supra motor is just a bit stronger than this motor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Now this is a rebuild!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif:cool://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Well the recones were supposed to be here today but UPS is slack and now they are supposed to be here tomorrow. Im going to go pick some glue up and recone them when they get here.

i've read about a non pi short block with ported pi heads and upgraded cams (sorry can't remember which ones) put down 400 at the flywheel. really not bad for a 4.6 2V. i like the 4.6 motors, smooth running. they don't respond till about 4000 rpm in stock form tho. i don't mind those cars at all. i like them. easy to find and cheaper then a notched fox for sure.

i recently built 1 of these motors and was kinda depresses about it it was a stock block patriot performance stage 2 heads and comcams perfaconal products uper and lower intake ,intake elbow,and thair trottal body ,24lb injectors ,c an l mass air and intake ,bbk shorty headers ,offroad h-pipe and custom catback...we only got 276wheel hp and .287ft torqe....but thair very reliable and thair more or less a motor ment for a supercharger

i recently built 1 of these motors and was kinda depresses about it it was a stock block patriot performance stage 2 heads and comcams perfaconal products uper and lower intake ,intake elbow,and thair trottal body ,24lb injectors ,c an l mass air and intake ,bbk shorty headers ,offroad h-pipe and custom catback...we only got 276wheel hp and .287ft torqe....but thair very reliable and thair more or less a motor ment for a supercharger
That really doesnt seem too far off for what these motors can produce. Im just running PI heads and cams. I hope to be in the neighborhood of 250rwhp, maybe 300ish at the flywheel. Ive seen similar combos making 230-280rwhp. But yea your right they need boost to really make power. A 5.0 build is probably more bang for your buck in the 300-400 hp range but beyond that a boosted 4.6 is the way to go.

I want to build another with an aluminum block, ported heads and a nice set of cams with a vortech .

That really doesnt seem too far off for what these motors can produce. Im just running PI heads and cams. I hope to be in the neighborhood of 250rwhp, maybe 280ish at the flywheel. Ive seen similar combos making 230-280.
I want to build another with an aluminum block, ported heads and a nice set of cams.
the motor we built was designed around a blower...we have a local shop that is world known plymouth performance he owns the worlds fastest street mustang he beleavs that with the blower were gunna use and a few more tweeks we should be looking around 400-425 whp on 93 and a daily setup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.