Mike @ Singer Alternators = BAD Customer Servive

blowthemup
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well i'm pretty pissed off Mike is leaving me hanging on my alternator. Not what I would expect from someone who's talked so well about around here. The alternator was obviously the problem and he quit responding to my emails so I take it he inst gonna help me.

Well my 2 year old Singer alternator started acting up so I swapped my stock one back in and everything is fine. Contacted Singer and he has blamed my Civic for having accessory power after the car is off and that's whats causing my alternator to buzz/humm when cars off. Also blamed my batteries for the voltage jumping around when driving, this is with all accessories off while driving. He quit responding to my emails so I consider that he is not wanting to help me and trying to blame other things.

If you are on the market for a high output alternator I strongly advise to look elsewhere, Singer does not have the reputation or customer service you hear people talk about. He will leave you with an expensive paper weight if you ever have problems.

Not sure what the warranty is, cant find it documented or disclosed anywhere. I found a few posts talking about lifetime warranty but in all honesty I care less about the warranty. Warranties eventually end and you still have a product that potentially needs serviced/repaired. I contacted him with a problem and he blamed other things when the alternator was clearly the issue. I asked about getting it fixed or getting the parts, mentioned nothing about warranty or who pays for what. He simply quit responding to me over a week ago, all I wanted was to get this thing fixed so its not a paper weight. He needs to step up or hes gonna have his name and reputation bashed, I feel im not in the wrong here!

Your warranty is lifetime labor. And 1 year parts could be a bad reg I'd send him another email saying your sending the alt in for a new reg Since the voltage was all over the place it could be that. Also I'd check all batteries and connections as well just to be sure

Ok guys, finally got an email from him saying to send it in and he will take a look. I'm disappointed that it took him that long to get back with me but at least he is finally communicating.

Hopefully he gets me fixed up so we can clear this crap out of here and keep a good name for everyone!

Why delete the thread, you weren't happy and it took getting to this for him to contact you. Report back on the outcome once issue is resolved....

customer service is pretty much a thing of the past such as quality these days..those days are gone..very few left out there that even give two cents.

Mike cs is very good. But like any busy person he can be hard to get a hold of that's why you go thru a rep then if there's an issue it gets handled quicker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.