Head Unit & General Suggestions? 2012 Cadillac CTS

Participant count
  • Participant list

CrownOfThorns

Ohio
Hey all, I have a 2012 Cadillac CTS - 3.0L V6 AWD, base model.

This style was produced from 2008-2013 and until literally December 2015 - Early 2016, no Metra Kit/Kits were available that I know of. This is the new kit
met-993018s.jpg

When I bought this car (one of my favorite cars since they came out in 2008) I was super stoked, but I quickly realized that despite the amazing deal I got on the car, that it had no BLUETOOTH AUDIO, No USB Port and I missed my sub and amp sound. It came without the navigation system so it didn't even have a digital clock and a tiny embarrassing head unit.

2012_cadillac_cts_sedan_dashboard.jpg
(Dash)

The car does have a Bose 9 speaker system. I recently had Best Buy install 12" MTX Terminator Subwoofers and a 1100 Watt Hifonics Zues amplifier with a 1400 watt wiring kit. The battery is in the trunk of the Cadillac with the bose subwoofer so it was all wired in the back of the car I believe off the back subwoofer but im not 100% sure.

Essentially what I'm getting at is trying to get a recommendation for what kind of head unit to get for my vehicle with the kit shown above. I can do single or double din.

I'm leaning toward trying to get a nice double din CD/DVD player with a USB port. The guy at Best Buy said I need to try to get a higher end model because I need 3 RCA ports because of the bose system not sure how to tell what units have and don't have this. He specifically said to stay away from cheap BOSS/CHINESE head units.

The METRA kit includes wiring harness for about 170$, so I'm trying to find a head unit in the 180-300$ price range, not sure what its gonna cost me to install it all either yet.

Thanks for any suggestions

Crown

Well, your options are wide open. You already know what you want and you have a universal mounting kit. Pick what you want. What exactly are you not sure of?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.