Mids in the doors (AA Poly's) (Pods)

iamamp3pimp
5,000+ posts

Bass Heads Entertainment
Tampa FL
im looking into making door pods for these, they will be playing strictly midbass, probably from 50 hz on, up to about 300.

im wondering whats the best way to go w pods for these, and should i go ported instead of sealed?

if so, how much area and whatnot would i need?

Thanks

-Robin

how is that workin out for ya>

im gonna have a pair of them, but idk if i can fit .5 cubes in what im working on.

maybe i can. got any pics>?

I run 2 in each door, so more of an IB as the door is sealed pretty tight and LOTS of deadening.

I'm VERY happy with the output of them. Never crossed them lower than 60Hz though and am running them at 80-2500Hz right now and they sound very good and have lots of output. Listen to a lot of 80's metal and drums pound and guitars scream. Only throwing like 50watts at each and that seems to be plenty.

Thanks for the info. I bought a set(actually one of the last sets in stock) around two months ago. I won't be able to install them until it starts getting a little warmer. I plan to use them as dedicated midbass drivers as they'll be getting bandpassed between 60-200hZ. I only have 65 watts to throw at them and hopefully that'll be enough to make me happy:)

.500cuft for Q=.678

.431cuft for Q=.707 (usual)

.303cuft for Q=.785

.286cuft for Q=.800

I was thinking of going for these, but I ordered some Daytons instead... Discontinued and all...

im looking into making door pods for these, they will be playing strictly midbass, probably from 50 hz on, up to about 300.
im wondering whats the best way to go w pods for these, and should i go ported instead of sealed?

if so, how much area and whatnot would i need?

Thanks

-Robin
How much eq do you have? As a dedicated midbass, I'd love to see them run lower than 50hz but not sure if the Polys will take that.

880prs. I have a good amount of EQ, and no sub.

i had them playing with no slope on the low end, and you have to watch the power, but they are fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.