Mids for SQ

you find it out by hearing it, usually you will see a spike in response as well. problem is it's not only when it plays that freq, it does it more often then that making it sound weird. that's why you got to build the xover to mask that. I'm only learning on xover design so I'm not much help yet sorry. Your best bet is to go to a HT forum if you need xover help
yea, i went and did some research on it after you said it. resonances, beaming, etc. and decided to try and keep my xover point ~2khz if I can.

makes choosing the mid alot easier but the tweeter part may be more difficult.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hell of a deal, I think it may be the last day. If you're considering going to a 3 way, here's a great buy! You have to load them into your cart...
I agree with DJ. Pro style speakers are designed for large ported enclosures and lack bottom end without an enclosure. Plus they tend to suffer...
I think you need like a 10x switch on an amp? You would need to bandpass the mids or something Pioneer network mode or similar? I know the new...
I have ran the 6.5’s, but not the tweeters. They were very smooth and had good low mid bass. They were perfectly happy being high passed at 75 hz...

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date