Metal

ssj2xxgotenxx
10+ year member

The Chan Man
Bay Area
Okey heres the deal... I built a new ported box and it's pretty **** big, I designed it so it would slide all the way to the rear of my trunk and it would do as such but there are these two metal plates designed to form better curvatures in the trunk. These two plates are ruining my fitting and I want to get rid of them since they are only cosmetic. Only problem is the thing wont come out and I was wondering if any of you know how to remove welding tacks or and tools used to cut metal... thanks

I tried a hammer and screw driver... maybe the screw driver wasn't sharp enough. I always see on TV people use a plasma torch or something to cut metal but i dont have one of those heh...

I tried a hammer and screw driver... maybe the screw driver wasn't sharp enough. I always see on TV people use a plasma torch or something to cut metal but i dont have one of those heh...
Yea and prolly dont have the money for one either, since the cheapest one ive seen so far was about 2+ grand.

Mmmmm......plasma cutters........*drools*

The cheapest I've seen a plasma cutter for is around....I wanna say $1000, which is obviously too much for just one project. Your best bet is to call a local machine shop or something of the like and see if they'll do it for you.....or you might even luck out and find a hardware store that would let you rent one. Browse through the Yellow Pages and you should come up with something....

How big are the tacks and what is behind the back panel. If they are not too big and there is nothing to hit behind them, drill them out and patch the holes with silicone or Bondo.
There's a good suggestion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But just look at how fun this is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

image021.jpg

- Steve

There's a good suggestion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
But just look at how fun this is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

image021.jpg

- Steve
Busting out the plasma cutter near the trunk of the car is just asking to burn it down. Slag goes everywhere. It is fun though...so is welding...

OMG it is quite possibly the best invention since the combustion engine
If it doesn't go in a bong or on a surfboard those Californians are pretty lost...

What do granola and Cali have in common?

Get rid of the fruits and nuts and all that's left is the flakes.

Maybe Arnold can knock some sense back into those closed minded ("freethinking" by their own accounts) fools.

Know that I'm just messing with all you Cali folks. You should be used to it since you let the liberals mess up your whole state and when they couldn't screw it up any more they moved on to mess up the rest of the country.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.