Mercedes Trunk Eats Low Bass

iLL Ridge
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NC
Oh and the low bass IS there... only the front door has to be open. fml.

Never had a vehicle do this as strongly as this car.

Factory sub is in the rear deck. Rear seat does not fold down.

Seatback is solid and insulated.

I swapped in a box from my last vehicle... 10 inch in 1.3 cubes ported to 32hz

I do have a ski-pass. Opening it does not help with the low bass... under 40hz.

Thinking about a bandpass blow-through in that ski-pass... or last resort---- try to mount something in the rear deck to replace factory 10 inch sub.

Any suggestions?? I have no idea what will work better.

If you have the box right up next to the seat without anything sealed off, then thats horrible box positioning. Fire it to the trunk around 6 inches away from the trunk lid dude. Hope you disconnected the factory sub as well.

Trunks eat bass period, but you should definitely experiment moving the box/sub/port around and aiming in all different directions. That can make a dramatic difference.

Maybe I'm not communicating the issue clearly.

I'm getting massive low-end only cancellation.

Lows hit when the door is cracked.

How can I overcome?

try putting passenger window 1/2 way down (not great when 30 degrees or raining) mine sure is louder that way. then flip box so port is on other side of car mine louder with port on passenger side (i also removed rear deck speakers to leave holes there for bass to enter cabin

No. I know how this single 10 sounds.

It absolutely murders lows in a suv.

Just did some testing..... sounds fairly expected on the back seat. Still more low bass with the door cracked, but waaay less noticeable...

Tells me the rear wave from the trunk is a straight null. Cancellation. Don't want to try and remove rear deck factory sub--- too much of a pain.

I have an idea though........

Definitely need to make room somehow for the actual wave to propagate, clearly an issue considering its better when the doors open

honestly if you expect lows with the windows up it wont happen unless you're in a huge SUV

This little trick makes it much better. Easy as hell too. Lucky this time...

Seal off the rear of the trunk. Voila.

Yeah. Rear deck rattles. Other than that it's the best configuration I've tried to date. Minimal trunk rattles. Fairly deep bass with windows up. Still better with the door open.

The box i have is not quite built right to fit nicely with ports facing forward to rear seats, but imma fool with flipping the box over tomorrow.

Yeah. Rear deck rattles. Other than that it's the best configuration I've tried to date. Minimal trunk rattles. Fairly deep bass with windows up. Still better with the door open.
The box i have is not quite built right to fit nicely with ports facing forward to rear seats, but imma fool with flipping the box over tomorrow.
The question was is the sub/port up... did you answer yes? In that case you should really look a repositioning the box maybe even rebuilding the thing if it dont work well, I've seen big differences with the orientation in a trunk and firing into the trunk lid or deck requires a lot of deadening and luck... maybe something configured like this...

qzQh08.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.