Memphis tuning ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kizz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
omaha, ne
I have 2 10" memphis pr's. Im gonna build my first box for them. I want to port them, where can i get the aero's online? also, i listen to a mixture of rap and rock but my first choice is rock so should i tune them higher or lower? im thinking 1.25 cf per sub. should i do that before or after sub displacement?

hmmm, thats a big box. The manufacturer says 1.25-1.5 per sub ported. I suppose that doesn't mean they wont work well in a big box. Davecubs14, do you happen to know how much power they can actually take? they are rated at 250rms but i cant believe thats all they would take. I have never had a ported box and wanted to try one. I have always had sealed and i just want a lil different sound. Maybe i'll like it, maybe i won't. thanks for the input

They can take more than their rated power. I had 2 12s in a ported box, hit very hard. Pushed about 600 rms to them. Many people have talked about putting around 300-350 to them and being ok.

They do require a big box for ported. I had a 4 cu.ft. box for mine. I messed up the tuning and it was tuned around like....29, ha. They hit pretty hard but they can't take the lows very well.

i have noticed that they don't hit real low but i thought maybe that was becuz of them in a sealed box. My buddy owns a local audio store where i bought these. He recommended that i tune them to 40hz for my array of music i listen to. what do you think about that?

id try the 1.5 ported for the tens 38-40 hz.the pr's do better in bigger ported as stated earlyer.if you go for the 12's sealed you should be able to get away with 1.25-1.5 like the factory suggests.porting the 12's will be 4+ cubes for the pair i was running 3 cubes each at 500 watts each

cool. ok last question cuz i am a noob to subs. going to use port tubes. how do i know what size for 38hz tuning? wat diameter and how long? i think im gonna do 3.5cu foot box for both not subtracting sub displacement. as of now im not sure on exact dimensions but something like 24x14x18

nevermind. found a port calculator. 4" diameter, 4.12" long with a flare port. is that correct? thats really short. thats for 40hz. 38hz is 4.77" long

24x18x14 thats out side dementions right?,comes out to 2.68 cubes,, try 24x18x14.5 outer with 2-3inch ports 8.25 long should be right about 38hz or 2 areo's at 9.375.

those were inside dimensions that i came up with. i have a grand plan of sealing off the subs from the trunk facing into the cabin which might change those dimensions but i don't know if that's something im ready to tackle at this point being a noob to subs. but thanks for your help you have helped a bunch. i like my prs, they sound good altho i haven't heard many other. i have one in a smalled sealed box right now and it just doesn't do the trick yet. gonna get a hifonics amp that does 900rmsx1 at 2 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.