Memphis Subwoofers...Worth the hype??

I like the Sundown E series a lot, but I know enclosures make a big difference. Can I buy pre-fab enclosures (either sealed or ported) that will sound good or do I need to have one custom built?

I like the Sundown E series a lot, but I know enclosures make a big difference. Can I buy pre-fab enclosures (either sealed or ported) that will sound good or do I need to have one custom built?
The e series is a great entry sub. They would work in a sealed or ported box just fine on 1kw amp. If you'd like a custom box later on down the road I can hook ya up on that too!

Depends haha - I'm a Jr in hs. New to cars and car audio. Gotta get me a ride but I may start buying gear before I get a car. But I'll prolly be lookin at the Accord Coupes or a smaller SUV.
Ah cool! What size sub in the e line you're leaning towards?

Either a 12 or even a 15 if i could fit one possibly.
Before buying equipment and stuff hit me up that way I can help ya on getting what you really want. I think you'd like the deal I can hook you up on and once you hear what I have installed your mind might change.

If you want your bass to be loud and have a good frequency range a custom ported is needed. For one 12 a custom box will not run you a huge amount depending on how fancy you go. Investing in proper wiring, a quality amp and a custom box will make a huge difference.

memphis makes nice subs and best of all they protect there dealers like no other!

there isnt memphis sold except by authorised dealers you pay for this...

You live really close to me....I have a practically brand new DC Audio level two 12"....dual 2....not even broken in yet you can get for $100 and i can build you a killer box for it as well......I am the DC Dealer for this area of TN......

probably a lot of anti memphis from people who have trolled forums and not actually used the product. as far as i am concerned memphis is one of the better mainstream companies. They make a quality product that is built to last. I personally obtained a 143.4 with 1 15 mojo quad coil on 2k (def wasnt getting 2k with stock electrical). Dont get me wrong there are better subs out there but if you dont mind used equipment i wouldnt suggest buying from a dealer as they are pricey for what you do get. But if it was floats your boat then go for it, just do some research from people who actually have used equipment you are interested in and make a determination from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.