Memphis Subwoofers...Worth the hype??

Casb0n
10+ year member

I live in Chattanooga, TN, and around here it seems that Memphis subwoofers (and amps to power them) are super popular. I guess they have lots of street cred for being some of the best kind in my city, but I'm just wondering if they're better than other stuff. Does anyone know how Memphis compares to Alpine or JL or know anything about them?

Go with dc level, Fi , sundown, SSA and give the streets something new to talk about. Go with AQ ,Sundown, or Crescendo for power and you may even start a new trend in your area.

Aighht thanks for tha input guys. So for a "starter setup" will an alpine type r 12 with 500 watts going to it shake the car next to me or is that gonna by a pretty wussy sound?
believe it or not,that one sub can sound amazing,its not going to make you bleed or rattle your teeth out,but the one thing you must know is: its all in the build.if you build it crappy,its going to sound crappy

Sounds like any good Memphis is out of my price range. Any thoughts on what CaddieJapan mentioned? - dc level, Fi , sundown, SSA. I like the idea of mixing it up and not having the same thing everyone else has.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.