Memphis Power Bass 10" Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

westman995
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
So we got these two Memphis Power Bass subs, i cant seem to find any info on them.. They dont seem to be too common it looks like? Im wondering if anyone knows where i can find specs, or if anyone knows any. Id like to know what RMS they can handle each. And i guess i could find the ohms with a VM or something like that?

These have been pushed off a Rockford 2 channel amp, (I think its a 150.2 or something), the subs were in a bandpass probend box, and wired in series, no idea what ohms it was doing but it never cut out with the amp, So its making me think dual 4 ohm coils.

Now the shitty thing is, the leads on the subs are broken off now. These things bumped pretty good, But now only ONE coil of all the 4 coils work. What could have caused this to happen? Just getting wore out? They were in the bandpass box the whole time so they werent hit with anytihng or anything like that.

Here are some pics of them.

100_3425.jpg

100_3429.jpg

100_3434.jpg

I bet your right, cuz the street edge ones on the memphis site look fairly similar to these, even tho these seem to be a bit of an older model sub. If they got the same power handling, these are only rated for 100 RMS. I was thinking they should be around 150 or so..

Pics without the rubber magnet boot..

100_3435.jpg

100_3436.jpg

One thing, those appear to be SVC subs??? The memphis site doesnt say anything about DVC on those, they sound to be SVC. The ones i got are DVC.. Hmmm

Those are old school Memphis entry level subs... kind of a relic really. And yes they are like the street edge only they're more dependable. call up memphis and see if they'll fix them for you. just make sure you say they were purchased at an authorized dealer.

Those are old school Memphis entry level subs... kind of a relic really. And yes they are like the street edge only they're more dependable. call up memphis and see if they'll fix them for you. just make sure you say they were purchased at an authorized dealer.
Are they possibly also more powerful than the street edge? I dono but when they leads werent broken off they bumped pretty good for the little things off that rockford amp.

Also, ive already cut the dust cap off and tried fixing them myself, and glued them back on. One of the subs is still pushing both coils, and the other the lead fell off already haha

Anyone got any idea on power rating for these things? Im thinking they may be more than the 100 rms the new street edge series are rated at.

They look pretty crappy now that ive fixed them myself haha.. With my shitty soldering skills, and glueing it back together with something that prolly wont work that great. I might have to reglue the dust caps back on. So far the leads are staying on. I replaced one with a lead from another blown sub as i could never get that one to stay on with solder. Then i dropped one in the box and broke the connector on one coil, replaced that with another haha..

Anyways, if they hold up now im thinking i may use them in my car. Ive been using them in my room in that bandpass box. So im wondering what kind of box i should put them in? I need somthing low profile and theyll face up, in the back of a third gen trans am. Ported or sealed?

O ya and a couple more questions.. What could have caused so many leads to fall off? Only one coil on one of the subs was working. Were they overpowered, pushed too hard?

And if the suspension is loose, does that mean theyre pretty much used up by now? Seeing as how they are some older subs i am assuming so, but they still get kinda loud in the bandpass box.

As far as the dustcaps glued back on, i didnt really care much how they looked only that they held on cuz they were being faced inside the box.

100_3492.jpg

100_3494.jpg

100_3497.jpg

So i threw them back in the bandpass box, bumping them in my room again. Theyre decently loud, but i notice one looks like it just "*****" right in or something. Its kinda hard to explain, but it dont look normal. They never did that before. I have them in magnets facing out so its harder to tell, but had them normal before and i could see it doing that. What is causing that?

Well the subs are junk now, the surrounds ripped off on the outside. Think there are possibly any CHEAP recones i could throw on these motor and baskets? They motor comes off on these subs. Would i be able to use a different brand of recone or something?

the new pr's come in dual 4ohm voice coil or single 4ohm voice coil and can handle 250 watts rms. the ones you have came out before the street edge. the ones you have should be very similar to the new ones. maybe a little less power handling but overall the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.