Memphis M3 Vs. Kicker CVX

two totally different installs and cars, too hard to judge accurately.
isnt this thread too hard to judge accurately? we dont know what kinda of instal hes goign to have. i was jsut saying the m3's have a potential to get louder.

hmmm who could you be talking about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The cvx was my favorite driver in the great 12 challenge. It had a nearly flat response from 30-60hz iirc. For the money I dont think the CVX can be beat. The m3's are nice drivers I would say its a toss up between the two. Whichever your local dealer offers the best price/warranty on would be what I would go with....

edit i just read where you said you will be running a 1000d on the m3s or a 1500.1 on the cvx's, for that reason I would go with the CVX"s. I'm guessing those are both around the same price, and the cvx's are the better deal
I hate to 'name drop' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
but yes...you... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

isnt this thread too hard to judge accurately? we dont know what kinda of instal hes goign to have. i was jsut saying the m3's have a potential to get louder.
accuratly like quoting M3! only have 400 watts going to it and it pounds.... friend had a L5 with a Kx 750 in a lexus and mine was far louder imho.

how would the M3, with 500+ watts less power, have the potential to get louder without knowing the proper install??

how could anyone 'accuratly' assume?

sq is subjective, however 1500 watts on two cvx's vs. 1000 watts on two m3's if both set ups installed correctly the cvx's should get louder. those zx1500.1's are powerful.no contest for spl in this comparison imho.I heard four cvx 12's on two zx1500.1's and the steering wheel was warping, it was loud as fvck.

accuratly like quoting M3! only have 400 watts going to it and it pounds.... friend had a L5 with a Kx 750 in a lexus and mine was far louder imho.
how would the M3, with 500+ watts less power, have the potential to get louder without knowing the proper install??

how could anyone 'accuratly' assume?
i dont get what you are trying to say?? it doesnt have 500+ less watts going to it???

M3, hands down. i have heard this sub go off of a memphis mcd500 hit hard in a lexus gs andd the gains werent even set all the way up. ive also heard two old school m3s (hpo) in an explorer and they sounded really nice. ive heard that memphis underrates there power too. i

ve had a pair myself, so i guess im bias

but ive never heard the kicker cvx

M3, hands down. i have heard this sub go off of a memphis mcd500 hit hard in a lexus gs andd the gains werent even set all the way up. ive also heard two old school m3s (hpo) in an explorer and they sounded really nice. ive heard that memphis underrates there power too. i
ve had a pair myself, so i guess im bias

but ive never heard the kicker cvx
hard to say then M3, 'hands down', and yet say "but I've never heard a CVX...." ironic?

hmmm who could you be talking about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The cvx was my favorite driver in the great 12 challenge. It had a nearly flat response from 30-60hz iirc. For the money I dont think the CVX can be beat. The m3's are nice drivers I would say its a toss up between the two. Whichever your local dealer offers the best price/warranty on would be what I would go with....

edit i just read where you said you will be running a 1000d on the m3s or a 1500.1 on the cvx's, for that reason I would go with the CVX"s. I'm guessing those are both around the same price, and the cvx's are the better deal

I thought I finished this thread

I can get each set up for the same price. The memphis m3's would be installed at a local high end car audio shop called Area 41 and they said they would replace the subs for free if i blow them and a life time warranty on the install. If i bought the cvx's they would be installed by a local installer i know and just the kicker warranty. Area 41 does amazing work ( http://www.a-41.com ) and the life time warranty is hard to beat.

The subs would be going into my 2007 X-Terra. I have a Alpine 9885 head unit. Kicker KS693's up front and KS65's in the back doors ran off a kicker 350.4 amp.

Warranty and sound wise, witch would you choose.

Thank you.

Memphis M3. Plus they redesigned them for 2008. They look incredible. I have 2 10" M3s in a ported enclosure and they hit hard. I am running them off of the MCD1000. Plus you can't beat lifetime warranty on installation or free replacement of blown subs. But I doubt your gonna blow a sub if they offer the warranties they offer.

M3's are really good subs and they are not shy to get loud the cvx's are the same way the cvx's are really powerful they are basically a round L7 with better SQ if u ask me

imo i would go with M3's and a 1000 watt amp to save a little money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.