Memphis amps?

ill_ace
10+ year member

I was thinking about getting used memphis amps but I was wondering if this was a good idea. The amps look like the older models and I was wondering if memphis amps lasted a long time. I was looking at the 16-pb1kd and the pbc4400. If anyone has any experience with either of these amps please let me know.

ewEP9KWiMBXnDVd5RfXVLF280Mnb.jpg

wEs4fpssEe39DnKDsvQgNHtVR399.jpg

Here are pics of them.

i've had problems with older series memphis amps, but not those referance series amps.

The relativly newer memphis amps that look like a massive heat sink in the middle with the M logo are welt built and will last a long time. The older ones that are the same heatsink design but no big M logo tend not to like the abuse too well.

IF at all possible i'd say stay away from the referance series and get yourself a 16-MC1000D and matching 16-MC3004for the mids and highs, i've owned both those amps and will stand behind them till the end....very very solid amps with VERY low THD (rated .75% on the 1000d but it sounds lower

)

VERY low THD (rated .75% on the 1000d but it sounds lower)

Isnt it true that people cant hear THD levels below 2%? Gotta do it.......

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.