Memphis 16-MC2000D at 1ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

goingdef
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Norfolk VA
Well I have had this amp for a while now and have always ran it at the recommended 2ohms but have read that they can be modded to run 1ohm without going into protect? Well for a while I have had 2 T1 12"s on it a 4ohms and it was ok but they just seemed like they need more so I just pulled them rewired to 1ohm went out reset my gain for 1800w rms and put it back in, well I turn it on expecting the famous clock protect! Nope she plays perfectly took it out played the hardest song I had on it and it barely got warm and had so much more authority! The only downside is I now need a second battery as at full tilt on long notes I'm dipping into the low 11's not something I'm liking so for now I will watch my voltage until I can get another battery in there.

blah blah blah 4 OHM blah blah blah AMP MEDICS blah blah blah what time you coming to the show
Now I am thinking I may go ahead seeing as how much i just gained even with a ton of fluid on my ears I can tell a big difference, I just need to see if jeff can spare the time to knock me out a box, and I have a little more tuning to do tomorrow with my HPF.

Now I am thinking I may go ahead seeing as how much i just gained even with a ton of fluid on my ears I can tell a big difference, I just need to see if jeff can spare the time to knock me out a box, and I have a little more tuning to do tomorrow with my HPF.
telling you we can take mine out and put the new one in in no time from mine to yours. shiz aint purdy but its better than a choked port.

telling you we can take mine out and put the new one in in no time from mine to yours. shiz aint purdy but its better than a choked port.
yea but me and him had a deal for me changing out his alt which I get to do twice in exchange for a box, and well his are just so nice looking I want one bad! I'm going to rhino line it.

Yeah. Send me your # and I'll text pics Tom. My phone is about to die and I'm at work fml. I live like 10 from the show so you can check it out after.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.