Memphis 1500D or Memphis 1000D

where did you hear that? I can get one for $250 BNIB locally and was thinking about buying it.
I dont think hes saying anything against memphis. It sounds to me like he just thinks a 1000w amp is weak, which most people will argue otherwise. If its the mc1000d then it is actually 1100w, but I have a feeling memphis rates at below 13.8v so youll probably get even more.

i've seen quite a few tests on the 1000d on the net, i've also known a few people to run 'em. i've never seen one produce it's rated power.

not bashin' memphis as they make some real nice gear, just that particular amp.

i've seen quite a few tests on the 1000d on the net, i've also known a few people to run 'em. i've never seen one produce it's rated power.
not bashin' memphis as they make some real nice gear, just that particular amp.
hmmm... Do you have any links to those reviews? Because I am seriously considering this amp. Do you think $250 is a reasonable price for it? I know that price is cheaper than most anywhere on the internet.

if the box is small go with the 1500,,,if its big the 1000
I have 2 Kicker 15" cvr's (dual 2 ohm's)

Im putting them in a 91' Buick Park Avenue.

Should my box be ported? I was told it should be. But should my port be in the middle? Exactly how should I get it ported? If I should get it ported; or sealed.

thanks

if your going memphis, i would go with the 1500d. the 1000d is a fairly weak amp.

yes and no...... i owned an 1000d and it was one of my favorite amps. in terms of clean watts, it owns...... but in this guys case he's be better off with the 1500d if he can afford it, nothing wrong with haveing a lil head room with power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.