measuring a trunk

Participant count
  • Participant list

kegan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright I want someone to build me a box, but first I need to know what I need to measure in my trunk. I have a 96 nissan altima, normal trunk pretty decent size... Do I just need to measure width,length and height to where it will fit in the trunk, and then get someone to put those numbers in a program for me to get the dimensions on a box?

Also for im wanting SQ with decent,low hitting bass. Would 2 15s or 1 18 be better suited for this?(the fi q's in particular)

you want to measure height trunk top to floor/false floor, trunk width between the trunk lid bars, and depth from backseat to trunk opening. Then you want to measure the actual trunk opening because if the box doesn't fit in the opening it doesn't matter if it physically can fit inside the trunk (cause you wouldn't be able to get it in there).

btw you'll have a hard time fitting a ported 2 15 or 1 18 box in that trunk
What would you suggest then? I want something to hit the lows **** good, but other then some decent bass I dont need my vision shaking from it... And I will be going with FI and probaly the Q's.. Would 2 12's be good?

invisible-measuring-tape.jpg

hitting the lows isn't all about driver size, its more about box tuning. get whatever fits, just tune it low
Alright ill measure tonight and im sure someone can use the program to lemme know whats gonna fit.... 28hz is a pretty low tune isn't it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.