Me= needs speakers

sexyswede
10+ year member

Can you guys recomend me some back speakers and an amplifier?

I am currenntly running some 4" bostons of head unit power and they are REALLY nice, but I'd like some more volume and fuller sound.

I got a 180-200$ budget, so can you recommend me some back speakers and an amp to power my fronts and backs?

I don't really care about how wonderful the sound stage is or crap like that, i just want some decent volume, and fuller sound.

I was thinking this amp: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-76UYgNUz2FV/ProdView.asp?a=0&s=0&g=110&id=essential_info&i=109GTS180X

and these speakers: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/CRYCXE693

and i'll prolly cut the back speakers off at 300hz or something, so i don't totally ruin the imaging or whatever you guys call it.

NO SUB WOOFERS EITHER!!! my parents say it sends out a bad image lol i don't care much though

Originally posted by Inferno13 well the bostons are nice. why not just amplify them? try finding an amp that sounds good with them.

Well, the bottom end craps out when i start playing loud. And i don't think more power will solve it, cause i can see the speaker actually "woofing" through the grill (bounces in and out).

So i just want some bottom end support, not monster bass though. So i just want some nice speakers and an amp.

But don't get me wrong, these speakers sound great. Its like I'm sitting in a theatre or something, they just make it seem like the sound fills more space.

Originally posted by bass_master have you thought about a pair of 3-way 6x9's. They would give you some nice bass and rear fill. 6x9's sound excellent when there amped.
okay, what brand do you like for those, and what should i use to juice em'

?

6x9s? id get infinity kappas. but id go with the two way. theres a lot of controversy over 3 way or 2 way. in my opinion, the three ways cover more frequencies well, butthey dont get as loud and dont sound as good as power is divided by three instead of two. the two ways will get loud and will divide the power better so you will pbably still get close to the same frequency coverage. plus the two ways are more clear because they dont have to divide the power by three. they're crisper in my opinion. hope that helps.

PS: you might even try some focals but they are pricy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.