MDF Speaker Spacers

Participant count
  • Participant list
165mm (6-1/2") outside diameter

141mm (5-9/16") inside cutout diameter

screws are on a 155mm (6-1/16") diameter ring.

i want a new plunge router to mate up with my Jasper Jigs. But i've always made them with a simple jig saw. you just have to be steady and take your time. I can usually make a pair in about 30 minutes once everything is measured out.

i also recommend they be coated in resin before you drill out holes for t-nuts or hurricane nuts.

Thank you! Your replies are always so helpful. I will just do them myself with a simple jig saw.

As far as using t-nuts, are these just for mounting the speakers to the baffle, or should I also use them when mounting the baffle itself to the door?

Finally, what is a good type of resin to use? I assume this is simply for waterproofing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.