MB Quart VS. Focal

Participant count
  • Participant list

bootleg
10+ year member

Got Adire?
Has anyone ever heard the Focal Polyglass 165 V series components? I'm desperately looking for an awsome pair of budget components for my front stage. I'm in dire straights determining between them and a set of MB Quart PSD 216. Somebody help!

I prefer the Focal. Although the highs are a little bit bright, this may have been the install. This can easily be tamed through an EQ. I don't care for the MBQ in any setup I've heard. IMO, definately the Focal.

Why didn't u like tha MBQ's? I have opnly heard them once and absoultely loved them. Never herd Focal or anything like it. I am lookinjg for new speakers so this i really wanna hear.

J

Word on the street says anything below the Polykevlars from Focal are not worth it. While most believe that MB Quart has quality products from it's QSD's all the way down to the Discus. And in this specific case I believe the Premium's from MB Quart are more comparable to the Polykevlar's, which are above the Polyglass. So by default I believe the PSD's to be a better comp set. I do know that the PSD's will give very close results to the QSD's, which are awesome competition level comps. Just my 2 cents.

I have heard both and the tweeters sound basically the same.. the difference is in the crossover settings and the woofer.. the quart woofers sound worse than some of the offbrand crap I have heard...even the high end quart.. And focal woofers can be made better with a 4 channel amp and a good active crossover..IMO of course.

Mike

Alright, I've come to close conclusion between the Polykevlars and the PSD's, in your opinion, which one would to my benefit? I'm going for a competition level SQ setup and it's only a $10 difference between them.

That and could it be that you didn't like the others due to poor installment? I'm taking my time and doubling up on everything, I have over a hundred feet of deadener in my truck and I'm gonna make custom kicks for my new speakers..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.