MB Quart RA2000.1 Amp Review

The hifonics 2400 does around 1200-1300 but I think it cost a bit more.
Ah my maxx amp an older mtx rfl 1200.1d does rated... It's what's powering my fi ssd 10 very well... And wired at a nominal .7 ohm... Only problem I ever had with it is the power wire for the internal fan slouched from heat and rubbed through/ melted the positive wire insulation and arced on the power supply causing it to fry... Sent it in was fixed really cheap in house and hasn't had any problems since....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review.

I know you said you don't have the means to clamp, but at least include a couple pics. You can also comment on the overall feel of the amp. How do you like the controls? Does it feel well built? Etc. Do reviews assuming people aren't going to Google the amp.

Do you not have a DMM? Even unloaded voltage can be helpful. The more data you can provide- the better.

Thanks for the review.
I know you said you don't have the means to clamp, but at least include a couple pics. You can also comment on the overall feel of the amp. How do you like the controls? Does it feel well built? Etc. Do reviews assuming people aren't going to Google the amp.

Do you not have a DMM? Even unloaded voltage can be helpful. The more data you can provide- the better.
I have a DMM stashed somewhere, gets stashed deeper and deeper every time I move. I'll take some pics this week, should be easy as I've been back on the DD and the MB Quart is just laying around in my room waiting for my friend to pull the trigger on his new setup.

Anyway. The amp feels solid. It's about same shape, size, and weight as the m2b. It has a removable panel that hides all the controls. I've removed it and never put it back as I find it useless. The controls are pretty standard and easier to adjust than most. They're revealed once the panel has been removed. They're not completely flushed, so you can easily adjust them without a screwdriver. Overall feel of the amp is actually very appealing. It looks sexier than the m2b as it's more refined looking. M2b looks more old school - just a matter of preference. It was a direct swap from my initial sq1200 and difference was significant. It's my understanding that the SQ does rated, so any speculation that the mb quart only does only 1400 or so would be false. It hit tighter, more accurate, and really brought the low end to life, which I expected out of these woofers. It brought them to their full potential. I only went back to DD because, well...it's DD and I've already paid dearly for it. As far as sound, I have not noticed the difference between DD and mb quart. However, I don't have a setup that allows me to push them to their limits. I have a stock electrical with SQ geared woofers.

P.S.: To the dude that was suggesting I'm an idiot because 2 amps blew. This was professionally installed by a shop that has a ton of experience with competition vehicles. Every amp I swapped was direct drop in. Additionally, if it really was me that was magically setting these amps on fire, I'm not sure why the soundqubed and the mb quart never blew. Also, I've been running the DD for months now after it has been properly repaired and it has not gotten warm, let alone fried.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

fly_marlin

CarAudio.com Elite
fly_marlin
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views