MB Quart RA2000.1 Amp Review

fly_marlin

CarAudio.com Elite
Review of Amplifier:

As a prelude to this, I have to say I got this amp kind of out of frustration after dealing with my other amps. My DD M2B blew twice within a day. First brand new, then right after repair. Got an older refurbished planet audio, which performed well for some months and then gave out.

Since I've already poured hundreds of dollars into equipment and had no amp to show for it, I wanted to get something cheaper. MB Quart was $200 shipped. I opted for the 3yr warranty as well, so it was about $220 shipped as I also used a coupon.

As soon as I started listening to it, it became apparent this amp is no joke. It packs a serious punch, though I don't have the means to clamp it. It's powering my B2 reference woofers (600W/ea). The concern is only for longevity as I've read mixed reviews about maxxsonics equipment. If it lasts, I'd call it an absolute steal at $200 from sonicelectronix. Aesthetically, the amp looks very nice. Shiny black finish with red light in the middle. There's a panel that covers all the amp controls as well as hides the screws for ground, power, etc. I've been playing it consistently at pretty high volume, it would hardly get warm. I've had it for 4 days now and I'm thoroughly impressed. To be honest, this is kind of performance I expected from the M2b, but I think I just got a bad amp as even at lower volumes it would get incredibly hot. Even if the MB Quart does burn at some point, I feel that with the 3yr warranty, it was an absolutely incredible deal for an amp that delivers well beyond expectations. Not sure how they're selling it for $200, but they are. Love the amp so far and I hope it lasts!

Review of Amplifier:
As a prelude to this, I have to say I got this amp kind of out of frustration after dealing with my other amps. My DD M2B blew twice within a day. First brand new, then right after repair. Got an older refurbished planet audio, which performed well for some months and then gave out.

Since I've already poured hundreds of dollars into equipment and had no amp to show for it, I wanted to get something cheaper. MB Quart was $200 shipped. I opted for the 3yr warranty as well, so it was about $220 shipped as I also used a coupon.

As soon as I started listening to it, it became apparent this amp is no joke. It packs a serious punch, though I don't have the means to clamp it. It's powering my B2 reference woofers (600W/ea). The concern is only for longevity as I've read mixed reviews about maxxsonics equipment. If it lasts, I'd call it an absolute steal at $200 from sonicelectronix. Aesthetically, the amp looks very nice. Shiny black finish with red light in the middle. There's a panel that covers all the amp controls as well as hides the screws for ground, power, etc. I've been playing it consistently at pretty high volume, it would hardly get warm. I've had it for 4 days now and I'm thoroughly impressed. To be honest, this is kind of performance I expected from the M2b, but I think I just got a bad amp as even at lower volumes it would get incredibly hot. Even if the MB Quart does burn at some point, I feel that with the 3yr warranty, it was an absolutely incredible deal for an amp that delivers well beyond expectations. Not sure how they're selling it for $200, but they are. Love the amp so far and I hope it lasts!
Yes these MB quart amps are not slouch's. No they are not the greastest but are good budget amps. If its any thing like MB Onyx then it should be a solid amp. Ive never used the RA line. Also the older but d@mn near impossible find MD is the Discus line. It was a beast of a budget amp and did rated power plus.

If I had to guess I'd say it's making the same power as other maxx amps in that price point. Which is right about the same as other low line amps from bigger names.

If it does last, I will need to rethink what a budget amp really is. Given, this amp is not really versatile as it's not strappable. If it does truly put out 2Kw, I'm just gonna consider it a steal rather than a "budget amp." It calls for a 200A fuse, if that's any indication of anything.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

If I had to guess I'd say it's making the same power as other maxx amps in that price point. Which is right about the same as other low line amps from bigger names.
How much is that?

The hifonics 2400 does around 1200-1300 but I think it cost a bit more.
I had the AQ 1200 on these before I passed it on and this is absolutely no comparison in power. I think there's a general consensus that AQ does rated power, so the MB has to do a lot more just by the virtue of the listening test.

How are you setting your gain? Depending on the amp, the gains sensitivities could be much different, so while you think you're getting more power it's quite possible you're simply clipping more. Just a thought.

In the AQ/hifonics comparison video. Yes it is true.
well, i thought when i watched the video for the aq/hifi comparison i dont recall them doing clamp/dyno/outpur tests but maybe i missed them.

If the yes its true is toward my SS, i know thats false, i know that it puts out more then 1500, VIA Tfade tests

I just orderd the ra2000.1 amp be here Thursday I've right now got 2 12inch alpine type r subs in a kicker comp r box with a pioneer dvd hitten 105 to 109 max and I'm got a ssl 3000.1 amp that's I think only 700 watts my friend had a hypnosis 2000 watt amp and 2 pioneers with stock radio just barely hitten 101 but was consistent at 96 98 so I think the mb quart gonna put around 115 118 tops and 112 constant

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

fly_marlin

CarAudio.com Elite
fly_marlin
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views