MB Quart or Kicker Crossover?

Participant count
  • Participant list

badstang123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys. It's been quite some time since I've changed anything in my system so I need some advice. I understand the concept of passive crossovers and how they work pretty well, but do not understand the components of them and what makes a good crossover. Previously I had a MB Quart P-Series 5.25" component setup for the rears in my Avalanche. The woofers gave out so I picked up a set of Kicker SS56.2 SS-Series components. I switched everything over but after doing so, began to wonder if there was anything to be gained from using the MB Quart crossovers. They have more tweeter adjustment but beyond that I really don't know.

My main concern about using the MB Quarts is the Kicker setup is 3 ohm setup and the MB Quart is a 4 ohm. From what i understand that will affect some crossover characteristics. Other than that I'm looking at a 2500K crossover point for the MB Quart and a 2800K crossover from the Kicker crossovers. If it was your car what would you do? Thanks for the input guys.

- Justin -

I did a little more research and some testing with a DMM. Turns out the MB Quart Tweeter is 6 ohms and woofer is 3.5 ohms. The Kicker on the otherhand, is a 4 ohm tweeter and woofer is 3.5 ohms. From what I've read, while the woofers would be interchangeable with either crossover the tweeters will not be due to a change of a half an octave from the initial crossover point. Again this is just my conclusion from my research over the past day. Can anyone confirm my conclusion?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.