DD3.jpg

DD4.jpg

DD5.jpg

DD6.jpg

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

How is that deadener holding up for you?
I see that alot with Fatmat' date=' but havent had any issues with it. It's certainly not the thickest or best product to use, but I had about 40sq ft or so of it left over from a previous build so I figured it was better than using nothing. I always use a heatgun when applying it so that I get very good adhesion.

It looks like you do good work. I wish you were local to me.
Thanks, much appreciated. Outside of what Ive done on my own cars, I havent really done work for anyone else outside of the basic head unit or speaker install.

I really like that trunk install. Looks good! You do good work.
Thanks! There's still one more piece to put in which is a trunk mat. I bought some black auto carpet and will have to make one. Once thats done, it will look completely stock back there to hide from prying eyes. Right now I keep a blanket over it.

love that paint,thats all i use whenever i decide to paint the enclosure i build. Hides blemishes well and looks good once it dries.
Its definitely good at hiding the surface blemishes and has an overall even and consistent texture. Decent stuff.

Incredible build! I feel like everyone is good at glassing, but me. What 8s are those? HAT L8?
Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hah, I thought the same thing and I've gotta say, the level of work that DIY'ers are doing these days is pretty amazing. Like everything else, the more you do it, the better you'll get at it. Things can look rough at the start, but filler and plenty of sanding can get a project looking really good.

Yep, those are HAT L8's in the doors.

You are a talented craftsmen. I would like to hear how it sounds.

Did you play with the aiming before you installed the tweets? It seems like it would be a little bright but I guess there's to many variables to tell.

You are a talented craftsmen. I would like to hear how it sounds.

Did you play with the aiming before you installed the tweets? It seems like it would be a little bright but I guess there's to many variables to tell.
There are no tweeters installed currently. 8" midbasses in the doors and 3" wideband drivers in the a-pillars. Because they are aimed on-axis to the drivers seat, I dont experience the drastic roll off of upper frequencies like I would if they were aimed toward the center of the car, or cross-firing. Both of those scenarios would absolutely require a tweetr to be used in addition. As they are, with some EQ added in, they can sound pretty darn good. I did play with aiming and also did so extensively in my last car as well. This setup is not what I will be running in another few months though as I have some other plans for the front stage of this vehicle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And thanks for the compliment !

There are no tweeters installed currently. 8" midbasses in the doors and 3" wideband drivers in the a-pillars. Because they are aimed on-axis to the drivers seat, I dont experience the drastic roll off of upper frequencies like I would if they were aimed toward the center of the car, or cross-firing. Both of those scenarios would absolutely require a tweetr to be used in addition. As they are, with some EQ added in, they can sound pretty darn good. I did play with aiming and also did so extensively in my last car as well. This setup is not what I will be running in another few months though as I have some other plans for the front stage of this vehicle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
And thanks for the compliment !
lol... they looked a little beefy to be tweeters but I don't have much experience in that area other then spending 3 hours aiming my mb qxd's.

I'm super interested in hearing a pair of these wideband's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.