Maybe doing a change?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PapaGeno21
10+ year member

Captain Questions
Ok so I just installed a new system into my car. I really like it so far.

The front doors take 6.5 components and the rear doors take 6.5 coaxials. ONly problem is they need to be shallow. I think the max is goign to be just udner 3" if I use a spacer.

Just put Kicker DS65.2's into the front doors (these are just under 2" and did not need a spacer). I know they are the cheapest line but I am not amping the door speakers. I just don't listen to music that loud. However I left the rear doors stock. I am I would say 80% happy with these Kickers. I am thinking about putting these into the rear doors (I can mount the tweeters on the panel) and then getting the RE Audio 6.5C's for the front doors.

Do you think this would be a good plan?

Its an 05 outback wagon. Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD Headunit, Big three done with 0 gauge, Kicker ZX1000.1 Amp in back with 4 gauge running to that, (2) RE Audio SE-X 12's in a sealed box.

Highly suggest running an amp to get the most out of any comps. It makes a big difference. You don't have to listen to it loud, but an amp will add authority and details in your music compared to most HU's.

120 and under. Not looking to break the bank as they just gotta be a bit better than these kickers and I will be happy. Like I said I'm 80% happy with these kickers so yeah.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.