Max Speed and Sound

This is a fantastic little hole in the wall for a car stereo shop. The installers are quite professional with 10 years plus install experience (same shop). The owner of this place is a knowledge mine. They don't beat around the bush with answers, they will give it to you straight. Granted their product is primarily JL, Kenwood, Memphis, and Pioneer they will order any other brand you need and even recommend equipment they don't offer if your needs differ from what they have. I've been going to these guys for a little over ten years and have never been disapointed with their service once. Formally known as KC Car Stereo (same owner, just renamed when his son Max was born).

Max Speed and Sound

8230 N. Oak Trfwy

Kansas City, MO 64118

(816) 468-4689

You must be used to Independance Audio then. If you get a chance, have a look at Loud 'n Clear out in Kansas. They are a da mn good shop too. I don't frequent there too often, only when I need some ideas. Not to mention, LNC will also do custom glassing work (a la complete trunk kits or custom door panels) unlike Max Speed and Sound, but they still glass nonetheless.

may have to make the drive from topeka to check this place out. There is a place called Autosound here in topeka that does a decent job and always is giving me deals.(i guess when you spend thousands there on lots of diff cars they better hook you up)

Ya, Independence Audio aintbad, Ultimate Electronics did some nice installs for some chiefs players, but they went out of business. If you want to get some stuff for cheap, goto Custom Sound in Independence on 24Hwy. The arab guy who owns it always loves to bargin and if you try hard enough you can reason him down some good prices. His boxs **** though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Chiefs players? What are those?

Seriously though... I'm actually quite shocked anyone purchased anything from Ultimate Electronics... way over priced for the same stuff you could get down the road.

may have to make the drive from topeka to check this place out. There is a place called Autosound here in topeka that does a decent job and always is giving me deals.(i guess when you spend thousands there on lots of diff cars they better hook you up)

autosound is alright but very bias and the customers are fucktards alot of the time. Jessies cool as ****

spork where do you live? cuz it sounds pretty clos to me, and Kansas City Chiefs football players is what meant. They let me and my friend in their garage where they do custom installs, and they had some pics of their installs for some of the football players. Like they did some really nice biohazard box design that went very well with the rest of the install.

But I would never buy anything from UE, but they were nice guys, hell I wont buy from any local dealers after my run in with the arab guy lol. Except Indep. Audio, they will match my online prices I find, cant beat $125 for a type R, even though I was talking them down for my friend so it wasnt mine, lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Northland area. And yeah, I know you were speaking the chiefs thing... it's just I get too much chiefs stuff that any time someone mentions something to do with sports I turn away and go about other business. MS&S will do price negotiation... but not like what you find online... just a little above with full warranties... still cheaper than what you can find at BB/CC etc.

Yeah, I go there when I need something quick (I live about 2 miles away) but other than that, I go to Ground Zero off Johnson Dr. in Overland Park (or is it Shawnee?).

Max Speed and Sound wanted $12 for a 100A ANL fuse. That's more than ordering from Knu Konceptz + shipping.

Has anyone heard of Pro Audio? Use to be Sub Harmonics then it was sold and then became Pro Audio, Totally different owner. They have since gone out of business(not sure on that).

The reason why I ask is that I need to get my Amp Fixed, a Lanzar 1000.1D Got a green light but my subs are not working. Had a little wift of smoke comming from the amp or the sub box. I am running to memphis bell subs but i think the guys at Pro Audio bridged to 2ohms instead of 4. Also every time I go over a bump my head unit cuts out. We have such GREAT ROADS here in KC MO it's a wonder my car hasn't fallen apart, but thats another story...

I just need to get some rates and stuff. thanks for letting me rant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...