Max Mounting Depth for Saturn SL2?

Participant count
  • Participant list

joshpoints
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'd like to get a set of image dynamics ctx65cs components for my SL2 saturn front doors. My concern is, the mounting depth. Does anyone know the max mounting depth for a 1997 Saturn SL2 front speakers? My 8+ year old planet audio components have blown.

***I guess while you're at if, if you know the max mounting depth for the rear deck. Thanks guys!

Metra reports 3.25" mounting depth front and rear. I'm using a 2.75" deep mid on my '02 SL2 with a 1/2" baffle ring. I've had the outer door skin off and there seemed to be plenty of additional clearance between the back of the magnet and the window track, but I didn't measure the gap. You probably will need a baffle ring to attach aftermarket mids, but it's not likely that will be required due to the mounting depth. I would go with no more than a 1/2" thick baffle, as you might have slight rubbing of the surround on the speaker grille. Pick up some duct seal or non-hardening modeling clay to seal the gap between the baffle ring and the metal of the door.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.