Massive NX5 revew

Participant count
  • Participant list

blazeplacid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
DFW texas
I picked this amp up last week.

I was cautious about buying this amp because I have read a few bad reviews mixed with a few good reviews which were mixed with mixed reviews //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

The 4 channel part of the amp.

I am currently running the four channel part of the amp bridged. The amp is powering a pair of CDT ES-6 mids and LPG-NFA. Crossover is a CDT 560i.

Over all I am very happy with the amp and the way it sounds. Some have said at high volume levels the amp sounds harsh.

I have had no problems with the sound quality of this amp. The crossover on the amp is set to off and the head unit HPF is set to off as well.

I can easily get the mids to sound like mini subs in the door with this amp. At the same time the highs are clean and clear.

No distortion with the volume turned up 7/8 of the way.

This amp sounds better than the rockford P400-4 it replaced. The higher range is not as shrill and sounds more balanced. There is also more mid bass and it is very clear and strong.

The sub part of the amp

I was worried about this part also. I heard people say the amp is over rated or wont do close to rated.

Well the sub portion of this amp does its job very well.

Im running a Tc Sounds LMS-R on the sub channel @ 1 ohm.

At 1 ohm the amp is rated at 800rms. Im very sure its providing that.

Easily gets some roof flex and plenty of low end power.

Overall I am very happy with this amp.

It did shut off on me once but I was listening to a Bassnectar mix tape very loud for about 45 min in 95º degree heat.

Other than that this amp has made my ears very happy.

a picture for reference on the small size

20120522_181931.jpg

I cant remember if it did when I got it.

Ive had the car for 4 years and swapped the radio out within the first month.

The factory radio is terrible. If you are having problems with it, you should swap it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.