ap1500 16v?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The AP series can handle 16v, if you want the higher quality version then look at the AQX
id go hifonics before aqx. price bro lol

is the one from VM thats 144$ the 16v version by chance? and what if any differences other than power supply are there?

Yeah the AP15001d is 16v compatible, only advantage really is power output. Downside to running 16v is your need 14v batteries which aren't very common

Yeah the AP15001d is 16v compatible, only advantage really is power output. Downside to running 16v is your need 14v batteries which aren't very common
ah ok. i figured 15.5 cold 14.8 hot with drop to 14.5 wwould be sufficient but 16V systems look tasty :yum:

If your alt charges at like 14.8-14.9 you can still use 12v batteries and the amp will probably be a bit more stable. TBH there is no reason to run above 15v unless you do competing

If your alt charges at like 14.8-14.9 you can still use 12v batteries and the amp will probably be a bit more stable. TBH there is no reason to run above 15v unless you do competing
i do. hint why i need a 600@4 amp. they go by 4 ohm ratings . im allowed 2 batts in the rear up to 100 AH from both(hint why im getting the ones from ram designs)

the ap1500 is also a high looked down on amp. and i like making the best out of the worst. that and i have a 150$ budget to spare >_>

is there a watt difference between 12-14.4v stock set up & 16v? ALSO if there is a difference ... is there any way to bump voltage up without going threw all the hoops (besides BIG3)... sub 1000w rms and i have a feeling im pretty far below this, my amp- rms900wx1 @ 2ohm .... fairly new at this so- THX!

is there a watt difference between 12-14.4v stock set up & 16v? ALSO if there is a difference ... is there any way to bump voltage up without going threw all the hoops (besides BIG3)... sub 1000w rms and i have a feeling im pretty far below this, my amp- rms900wx1 @ 2ohm .... fairly new at this so- THX!
Raising voltage increases the amplifiers output. However if you are looking to get more power out of your setup I would look into upgrading amps first.

i just picked up the ap15001d a few weeks ago for a different sub set (pg octain r12d x2) so i guess my actual question is. does this particular amp need 16v to run 1500w @ 1 ohm

my new sub is 2ohm min so it'd be 900w

Raising voltage increases the amplifiers output. However if you are looking to get more power out of your setup I would look into upgrading amps first.
i just picked up the ap15001d a few weeks ago for a different sub set (pg octain r12d x2) so i guess my actual question is. does this particular amp need 16v to run 1500w @ 1 ohm

my new sub is 2ohm min so it'd be 900w

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.