Massive Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list
i know im probably going to take some crap for this but i have some problems and i hope someone will be able to help. i have an old school pioneer flip out. 2 15 in thunder 9500s on a 2000 watt u.s. amp. i also have 3 EVs 2 15s and a 12 on an older power acoustic 850 ( i think ) watt. after everything was connected i went for a test run and 1 speaker wasnt working. i realized it was because both wires had fallen off so my friend who was giving me a hand hooking them up decided that it would be a good idea while the car was on and music playing to blindly try and attach the wires under the back deck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif. all hell broke loose. everything stopped working. im getting MASSIVE distortion. music plays very low in the background both amps turn on. while the deck is folding back in the subs shake an give off a low rumble and as soon as it powers off completely give a huge pop before finally relaxing. i have no idea what happend but everything was crystal clear before the attempt to connect that 1 ev..PLEASE HELP

i know im probably going to take some crap for this but i have some problems and i hope someone will be able to help. i have an old school pioneer flip out. 2 15 in thunder 9500s on a 2000 watt u.s. amp. i also have 3 EVs 2 15s and a 12 on an older power acoustic 850 ( i think ) watt. after everything was connected i went for a test run and 1 speaker wasnt working. i realized it was because both wires had fallen off so my friend who was giving me a hand hooking them up decided that it would be a good idea while the car was on and music playing to blindly try and attach the wires under the back deck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif. all hell broke loose. everything stopped working. im getting MASSIVE distortion. music plays very low in the background both amps turn on. while the deck is folding back in the subs shake an give off a low rumble and as soon as it powers off completely give a huge pop before finally relaxing. i have no idea what happend but everything was crystal clear before the attempt to connect that 1 ev..PLEASE HELP
Possessed bro...gonna need an exorcism to fix it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i just took it to an audio shop up the road. i guess the avic n3 is known to blow the internal irreplaceable fuse. so i gotta install a line level converter and it should be fine. and as far as running all that at once im not a fan of all bass no voice so to counteract those monster mtxs i needed something loud. so the 3 EVs were my best option. i was worried about dropping voltage too much because of that and the air ride compressor so i mounted a 2nd optima connected through 0ga and upgraded my alt to 180 amp. so i did it as good as i could AQHDC3.

yea the guy said the deck outs were fried. the kid touched 1 of the wires going to a 15 in ev while everything else was playing to try and plug it in so idk wtf he touched but i think it burned the outs on the deck. im hoping that the line level is going to fix it.

well that was definatly the problem but now the line level is pushing bass through my evs and my subs are not picking up any really low bass so it sounds like ****. i guess i need a new deck any suggestions. i was thinking an AVIC D3. somthing double din. the flip out is getting kind of old.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.