Massive EQ4 Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
My EQ is doing something that I don't follow and is probably my fault lol. I can't turn the volume and sub input up all the way at the same time. I can turn one to max and the other to about a 1/4. If I go over that the sub starts thumping really fast. I think there are probably 10 or 15 companies copying this EQ design so I figure it would be the same for all. You guys have any suggestions or is this just how it is? I think my head unit may be better than this, I just wanted a line driver lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20220609_094241315.jpg
    IMG_20220609_094241315.jpg
    794.6 KB · Views: 25
I have the EQ9 but never even came close to turning both up lol. New amp comes today, ima get some videos before this one blows up 🤣😂
From what I gather, the volume controls the output of the entire eq. The sub knob more than likely increases gain signal, and with both up its too much. I was wanting to use it in place of the bass remote but I guess i will use both. Is this unit better than a head unit for controlling the amps?

And yes my Jeep is dusty, went through windrock with the doors off lol. This is why I struggle with buying high dollar equipment for it lol.

From what I gather, the volume controls the output of the entire eq. The sub knob more than likely increases gain signal, and with both up its too much. I was wanting to use it in place of the bass remote but I guess i will use both. Is this unit better than a head unit for controlling the amps?

I got mine so I could fine tune some of the frequencies on the mids and tweets and for use as a bass knob on the sub amp. It works perfectly for that! I wouldn’t use it for volume really, I have mine set to just below half way on the volume part and leave the sub one all the way down till I wanna hear the subs. Believe it or not the 4 midbass drivers sealed actually do hit pretty solid. They have wicked punch that you can actually feel! I have a few guys local who scheduled a demo to check it out. This entire time I’m more pumped about the feedback!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...