martian's 2001 buick build log

haha i know what you meen. its busy as hell right now for 4th of july and at redlights i just see whole vehicles shifting sides to look in my fish tank of a car. gotta get my windows tinted soon!
any idea how much something like that would cost? I don't really think its necessary for me since most of my stuff is pretty stealthy but it couldn't hurt I guess

does what cost martian? the tinting? for my sedan to 5percent is a 150 =X
but now i want a fish tank in my car rereading that post i last left.
yeah, I was talking about the tinting. I DD for my friends a lot so I'm sure they'd all appreciate a little privacy. And I definitely remember an episode of "Pimp my Ride" where they put a fishtank in the guys car. I guess if it can be done, someone will do it lol.

here's where I'm at after today: I've got the first layer of deadening done on the floor, and i'm basically just waiting on my foam to get here to get started on the second layer. I've also started to disassemble the stuff at the front of the trunk because that's where the subs will be:

IMG_1442.jpg

hey, gotta have a sense of humor

IMG_1444.jpg

lol.

IMG_1446.jpg

essentially, my theory is to build a wall between the trunk and the rest of the car and that's where the subs/ports will mount. It'll be a very tight squeeze but I think possible. Then, i'll build the rest of the box in the back of the trunk, mostly out of fiberglass.

it always makes me sad to see mah gurrrrl up on the lift //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

lift_muffler.jpg

just getting a new muffler put on....i've had a giant hole in mine for about 6 months, and not having to listen to my engine whine all the time is quite a relief.

newmuffler.jpg

it's a nice stainless steel everything here - muffler, pipes, and hangers. It's actually a "performance" muffler.....a friend gave it to me for nothing, so what the heck.

didn't get a whole lot done on the build today tho, still waiting on my foam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

the foam finally came, got that done today. Now I just need to run a million wires (serious - zero gauge for power, 12 gauge for speakers and fancy lights, etc etc) and put down the last layer of the deadening and I can get my car put back together on a somewhat permanent basis.

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Also, I need to cut off the cross pieces of metal you see here:

IMG_1442.jpg

because they are in the way of where I want to put the subs. I don't really think those things are structural, persay, but even if they are, having the front baffle of my box there should be a sufficient replacement. I think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Really liking your build thus far.

Tunned in and good luck on the rest of it!

Also think you are nuts about tearing your car apart and deadening it. Mine is completely covered with 2 types of deadener and took me a whole week and I had to go to work everyday, lol! ****** taking in and out the seat!

Wish I knew about the 25% covereage thing......everyone was doing what I was doing at that time. Could have saved me monies and more importantly time! haha

Really liking your build thus far.
Tunned in and good luck on the rest of it!

Also think you are nuts about tearing your car apart and deadening it. Mine is completely covered with 2 types of deadener and took me a whole week and I had to go to work everyday, lol! ****** taking in and out the seat!

Wish I knew about the 25% covereage thing......everyone was doing what I was doing at that time. Could have saved me monies and more importantly time! haha
yeah man it's a real bear, i hate taking the seat in and out every day. I just got new wheels/tires and they are loud as all heck so i'm really hoping that this is worth my time.

and thanks!!

img0721.jpg

eh? eh? I was in NY over the weekend and my sister's husband's dad had these in his shed. They were free and came with new tires, which I desperately needed. So I have 'em now.

Hopefully I can finish off the deadening between today and tomorrow and start moving on to the audio stuff. First will be the back deck.

got most of my soundproofing done today, a little bit to go yet but we'll see when that happens.

IMG_1460.jpg

also, better pics of the new rims:

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

next on the docket includes finish the soundproofing and starting to run wires. Hopefully this will be done by wednesdayish and I can put the interior of my car back in on a somewhat permanent basis. And even, like, start on some audio stuff!!

well, not much to report here unfortunately, its been going really slow. I had to get new tires because the toyo's were the wrong size, wrong load rating, and they sounded like hurricane katrina was happening in the car. Now, I have goodyear assurance comfortread max or something like that and they look and sound 1000x better

IMG_1464.jpg

i've dissassembled most of the rest of the interior that I need to, including removing the back deck, etc, and will hopefully begin work on the glassing/building this week. I'd really like to get my interior back in but I need to run all the wires first.

I'm a little rusty with my blowtorch skills, and did this today:

IMG_1468.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif>

more to come soon, hopefully!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.