marine application need help

Bret151

CarAudio.com Newbie
ohio
I bought a 33 foot boat I need advise . I want to put in 6 speaker and two subs . need suggestions I want to use jl audio and I've had good luck with in past . thanks for your help . here's a pic of layout

Attachments

• F0D68440-977B-4D48-9090-10C8723CB48A.jpeg
    F0D68440-977B-4D48-9090-10C8723CB48A.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 17
Whats the Budget? What HU? Are you going to use a 4 ch amp and amplfied subs?Or 5 ch amp, or a 4 champ and amplifier?
I would recommend Polk Audio MM series Marine 6.5s on a min of 80x4 RMS amplifier and 2 Class D 250 watt amplified Bazooka Bass Tubes

Whats the Budget? What HU? Are you going to use a 4 ch amp and amplfied subs?Or 5 ch amp, or a 4 champ and amplifier?
I would recommend Polk Audio MM series Marine 6.5s on a min of 80x4 RMS amplifier and 2 Class D 250 watt amplified Bazooka Bass Tubes
4000 budget hu was looking at wet sounds ws-mc2. . yes 4 channel amp or should I go 5? I pretty much open to anything

Last edited:
Congrats on the new boat!

Here are few things to think about:

Does the boat have any audio currently installed?

Do you have an idea of where you want to install the speakers?

What is the size of your alternator and batteries? Boats don't have as big of alternators as cars.

Are doing the install yourself and are you ok with cutting holes into the fiberglass to mount the speakers?

I am a boater who came here for ideas and advice and marine audio is extremely lacking on here.

I currently have a 2022 Tahoe T18 with a Kicker KMC50 radio and 2 4inch speakers in the bow and 2 inch speakers in the cockpit. Working on adding a 5ch amp and sub to mine.

🚤🚤🚤

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...