Malibu ideas/suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
I have a 1999 Malibu and I was wondering for those of you who have Malibu/Cutlass around this year, what does your substage consist of? This car has a fairly odd trunk setup in my estimation. I currently have a single ported 15 in about 3cu ft after displacement and it basically takes up the whole trunk. Due to the general shape of my box, it is also very close to the rear of my trunk. Id say that the sub and port are within 12 inches of the rear. I see many people push the box as close to the backseat as possible. Does this affect sq or spl? Should I push my box back?

I was wondering what other people were running in there malibu's to get an idea of what will fit and sound good. I am considering going 3 10s or perhaps 2 12s. It just doesnt seem like my trunk is very compatible with a 15(s)...Thoughts or suggestions?

in my friends car i put a 15'' FI Q in 5 cubes sub forward port to the passenger side.. on an AQ 1200D... tuned around 34hz i believe... sounds awesome daily and puts up mid 143s at the headrest on the TL..

i've got a 98 malibu ls right now i have just a 15" l7 on an rf t1500bd loaded up in a custom box. a 15 is compatible and mine gets loud but i'm working on the new build (15" fi BTL rf t2000.1 etc) so keep checking in. When i had two 12s going i had the box pushed against the back seats but it didn't really make a difference

Thanks for the responses. Maybe i just have a tuning issue. I have not been metered on this set up, but I have a feeling that it wouldnt break 140. It also seems to have a very limited peak range. Some songs, like Gorilla Zoe Money Man and Lil Shawty hit rediculously hard, way harder than my 2 CVR's did. But outside of that type of bass, the response is less than impressive. My CVRs, and my single m3 seemed to both have a wider range. If all songs and basses performed as Gorilla Zoe does i would be happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.