Making a Pioneer champion sound good (4th order sealed trunk)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Oraclem19

Senior VIP Member
Looking for some guidance on this, good calculators are hard to come by for fourth as far as I have seen. And I know there are some 4th order vets around here still. Any help is appreciated.

Plans are to seal off the entire trunk, and have a forward firing through either the rear deck or rear armrest. Would rather do armrest but i'm not sure if having the arm up and sealed if i ever had to seat 5 would cause excess strain on the woofer.

Anyway, fillout sheet.

Vehicle : Honda Accord

Location in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): two options. 15x14x55, or 32x15x25

Subwoofer make and model: Pioneer Champion Pro 10"D2

Subwoofer Size:10"

Number of Subwoofers: Single

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Flat square/near rectangular or circular.

What type of music do you like?: Radio, club, dub, low mixes, house, (34ish - 55)

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday, this won't be a burp box.

Tuning Freq (Hz): Unknown. Not sure how to tune for ranges. Last box was 37 ported and was decent but lost a lot of the highs or even 45s.

Volume : have 2.5-4 sq foot to play around with.

Questions:Where do I start so i can know my target range will be hit with the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.